Windows 10: Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

Discus and support Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JimT, Dec 29, 2020.

1. JimT Win User

Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect password. Tried Advance boot options and remove update, but it does not show any Admin accounts. The user account I was using was the Admin account. At a loss on what to do.

:)

2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

1. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN - Similar Threads - Login changed PIN

2. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  3. Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.: Hi.I set up a PIN I didn't want to but I didn't think it would hurt, I suppose I should have known better given Microsoft's atrocious track record to access work emails via outlook on my home PC.Doing this has apparently reset my login method to my home PC to using this...
  4. Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.: Hi.I set up a PIN I didn't want to but I didn't think it would hurt, I suppose I should have known better given Microsoft's atrocious track record to access work emails via outlook on my home PC.Doing this has apparently reset my login method to my home PC to using this...
  5. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  6. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  7. Change from PIN to Password Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change from PIN to Password Login: Hi all, please help me with the issue below: I’m using Windows 10, and I was using password to log into my laptop. However, after updating windows, I was prompted to change to PIN, so I started using PIN for a while. Now, for some reasons after updating Windows, I was...
  8. Changing a password back to a pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing a password back to a pin: After dealing with a new laptop, now I have to have the entire Microsoft password to get into my older little laptop. I'd love to get this changed back to just a 4 digit pin. Is there any way on earth to do this? The odd thing is, all I need is the pin to get into the new...
  9. Changing a password back to a pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a password back to a pin: After dealing with a new laptop, now I have to have the entire Microsoft password to get into my older little laptop. I'd love to get this changed back to just a 4 digit pin. Is there any way on earth to do this? The odd thing is, all I need is the pin to get into the new...
  10. Change from password BACK to PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change from password BACK to PIN?: On one of the previews some time ago I changed from using a PIN over to a Windows/Microsoft logon password. Why? I don't recall. Now I want to go back to using a PIN but I can not find a route to do so. Settings: Accounts: Sign-in Options has areas for me to change my...