Windows 10: Login completely changed?

Discus and support Login completely changed? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday, I had two users on my systems. I'll call 'em AdministratorAccount, and StandardAccount, that is not an Admin. Both users displayed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lothar Krepke, May 15, 2019.

1. Login completely changed?

Hello,

Yesterday, I had two users on my systems. I'll call 'em AdministratorAccount, and StandardAccount, that is not an Admin. Both users displayed on the lock screen, and the default was StandardAccount.

Today, after an update of Win10, all that has changed:

The lock screen displays AdministratorAccount twice, and StandardAccount does not display at all. But when I attempt to log in to AdministratorAccount, I am told that the password is not correct (though I have gone to Account.Live.com to change my password, and that succeeded.)

At that point, I can enter the password for StandardAccount, the standard user, and can log on.

That's good news, but I can't seem to get into my Admin account at all.

As a result, I can't see a method that would allow me to add a new Admin account, because only an Admin can do that.

How can I return to my former system status?

Sincere thanks,

Lothar

:)

Lothar Krepke, May 15, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Login completely changed? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 15, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 15, 2019
  4. Login completely changed?

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Login completely changed?

1. Login completely changed? - Similar Threads - Login completely changed

2. Change the language of Windows completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the language of Windows completly: Hello,I got a new computer from Japan. But during the first setting of Windows, it was not possible to change the language, just the country.Now, even if I set the language to English, Windows is not fully in English:* The loggin screen remains in Japanse* The locking screen...
  3. Change the language of Windows completly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the language of Windows completly: Hello,I got a new computer from Japan. But during the first setting of Windows, it was not possible to change the language, just the country.Now, even if I set the language to English, Windows is not fully in English:* The loggin screen remains in Japanse* The locking screen...
  4. Change login security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change login security: I want to go directly to the picture login in for a visually impaired person. Ie skip entering pin or password. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-login-security/28b2352a-c835-4009-bd0e-a6f8b1c3c9e8
  5. Change login security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change login security: I want to go directly to the picture login in for a visually impaired person. Ie skip entering pin or password. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-login-security/28b2352a-c835-4009-bd0e-a6f8b1c3c9e8
  6. LOGIN PIN change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOGIN PIN change: I need to change the login PIN in MS windows 10. But it doesn't show any path in the account section to do so. I went by clicking hello PIN and it doesn't serve my purpose. Please advise how to change the PIN which I use when login to the laptop....
  7. change login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change login: I would like to change my login how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-login/2d9370db-b863-4625-aafd-12c1688649eb
  8. Windows 10 completely freezes at login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 completely freezes at login: I have already posted this here, but nobody answered (or even in fact saw the post). I have a very strange and complex problem in Windows 10 that makes the computer unusable. It goes as follows: -I start up the computer. It shows the normal Windows 10 loading cog screen,...
  9. Change Login screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Login screen.: Hello: I've been trying to change the login and lock screens of my windows 10 install. i managed to change the login screen background using a tool found in these forums but now my name in the login screen is too big and it overlaps badly with my background My screen has...
  10. Windows language not completely changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows language not completely changed: Hi Forum, I have installed my new computer win 10 in Switzerland. The installation was all in German (which I can not speak). After installation I have change the language into English. I have also changed the user account and welcome screen (setting - Region-...