Windows 10: Login credentials are stuck on old email address

Discus and support Login credentials are stuck on old email address in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cannot Pass Go, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user profile to choose to login with. Each thing I’ve tried to do as a workaround for not being able to get past the Lock Screen has the same issue. I still need to enter my password under my old email to make any changes with no option to manually type or change it to the new one.I can change/update my password all I want, I j

:)

Cannot Pass Go, Mar 18, 2023

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Login asks for wrong email address sometimes

Hi,

If you're trying to access Windows products through browsers, there's a possibility that your old email credentials is still saved on the browser history. We suggest that you clear the browsing history and see if works. If not, we advise that your check
    if your old email credentials is still saved in your User Account. To do so, follow the instructions below:

1. Go to Control Panel and click on
    User
    Accounts.

2. Check if your old email credentials is still on the list.

3. Double-click on the user account that you want to remove and click on
    Delete user account

We look forward to hearing from you regarding the steps that we’ve provided.

Lizette Ags, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

Hi there, I have updated to a new email address and updated Microsoft details. I am now having problems with syncing One Drive as it asks for my old email address logon details. When I try to use my old email address to login, it says there is no account
    for that address. How do I login to One Drive to fix my login credentials?

I've created a new sin in for my new address but it says your syncing a different account and to login with my old address. Like I say, that old address is gone and if I try to login with the old address, it says it doesn't exist?

I'll appreciate any help as I'm on a merry go round with this problem.

Cheers,

Chris

***Modified title from: One Drive***

ChrisDale5, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Login credentials are stuck on old email address

1. Login credentials are stuck on old email address - Similar Threads - Login credentials are

2. When I try to log in to Xbox / Minecraft, the login screen is stuck on an old email address...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log in to Xbox / Minecraft, the login screen is stuck on an old email address...: I play Minecraft. Recently, it has been telling me to log in, and when I try to, it automatically sets my account as an old, unused account which was compromised and so I cannot sign in to it to sign in to. As far as I can tell, there is no 'back' button, just options to use...
  3. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login credentials are stuck on old email address: I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user...
  4. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

Login credentials are stuck on old email address: I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user...
  5. old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  6. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  7. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  8. Deleting old email addresses

Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  9. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: HOW DO I REMOVE AN OLD MS ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/69eb0a04-068a-4860-9b19-15a543b34e5d
  10. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081