Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

Discus and support Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Jody Thornton Win User

I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might). My concern would be logging in to Windows NT based servers, or Windows NT domains. Would Live ID logins not pose an issue here?

:)

Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014
  2. RickB_464 Win User

Windows screen saver restore is a blank screen

All - more data as to when this sleep restoration issue started about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks ago I started to actively use the Microsoft live account with OneDrive. I would login to the PC with a local username/password credentials then login to the OneDrive
    account. A Microsoft Windows update was pushed to the PC and I was guided to use the "live" account credentials to login to the PC. Another Windows update was pushed and shortly afterwards I noticed the sleep restoration issue. I have not gone back to the
    local PC login credentials because I like the integration with the OneDrive account. However I don't know if there would be something in the "live account" login credential settings that could possibly cause this sleep restoration issue. Is this possible?

RickB_464, Jul 17, 2014
  3. 7thSense Win User
    how do i get my windows 7 samsung focus to get apps?!

Do you have a Windows Live account on your phone?

Can you login to www.zune.net with your Live ID credentials?

7thSense, Jul 17, 2014
  4. alphanumeric New Member

I'm not sure? I know when I was running Windows 8.0 and Windows 7 on my home PC's I didn't have any problems sharing folders on my home network. I used a Live ID on the Windows 8 PC's. Enterprise Customers generate big bucks for Microsoft so I can't see them leaving them in a lurch.

alphanumeric, Jul 18, 2014
  5. Jody Thornton Win User
    That is my hope. I'm on Vista (happily) right now, but I like to make my migration plans early. I was considering skipping 7, as I don't entirely hate Windows 8.1 (provided I use a Start Menu replacement, and hide as much Metro as possible). But my thinking is that I should just adopt Windows 9 early when it appears. Hopefully local user creds will stay. Fingers crossed.

Jody Thornton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) - Similar Threads - Login Credentials Local

2. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  3. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  4. Play Rainbow Six Siege Free August 16-19 with Xbox Live Gold

in Windows 10 News
    Play Rainbow Six Siege Free August 16-19 with Xbox Live Gold: lGYu0mSHMMQ With more than 35 million players, the Rainbow Six Siege community is growing bigger by the day. If you haven’t yet experienced the tense, tactical gameplay of Siege, you’re in luck. All Xbox Live Gold members will be able to try out the full Rainbow Six Siege...
  5. WHEA ID 20 since first run Windows 10 at ASUS R542UF-DM157

in Windows 10 Support
    WHEA ID 20 since first run Windows 10 at ASUS R542UF-DM157: Hi there, this is my first topic with issue. I bought new brand ASUS R542UF-DM157 with i5-8250U. Installation and configuration went fine. I recently saw in HWiNFO lots of WHEA ID 20 errors (informations???) in event log and counting, This is fairly normal behaviour of low...
  6. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!) I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both. I restarted both at about the same time. Now I can...
  7. Laptop freezes after login, then bluescreens when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes after login, then bluescreens when unplugged: So, at this point ive kind of given up hope, so maybe making this thread is gonna give me something of an answer. A few months ago my laptop, an acer Aspire VX5-591G-78HD, started having the problem that it would randomly freeze a few seconds after login upon starting or...
  8. I cant login into windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant login into windows: Hello, recently i cant login into windows i insert the right password, but it says its incorrect and that i can reset it at account.live.com/password/reset I reset my password several times but still cant login using the right password everytime I tried to open command...
  9. Network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network credentials: How do I find my network credentials (user name and password using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-credentials/544bb265-6304-4fdf-8615-e16f66629ded
  10. Windows 10 login pin

Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...