Windows 10: Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

Discus and support Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might). My concern would be logging in to Windows NT based servers, or Windows NT domains. Would Live ID logins not pose an issue here?

:)

Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014
  2. RickB_464 Win User

Windows screen saver restore is a blank screen

All - more data as to when this sleep restoration issue started about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks ago I started to actively use the Microsoft live account with OneDrive. I would login to the PC with a local username/password credentials then login to the OneDrive
    account. A Microsoft Windows update was pushed to the PC and I was guided to use the "live" account credentials to login to the PC. Another Windows update was pushed and shortly afterwards I noticed the sleep restoration issue. I have not gone back to the
    local PC login credentials because I like the integration with the OneDrive account. However I don't know if there would be something in the "live account" login credential settings that could possibly cause this sleep restoration issue. Is this possible?

RickB_464, Jul 17, 2014
  3. 7thSense Win User
    how do i get my windows 7 samsung focus to get apps?!

Do you have a Windows Live account on your phone?

Can you login to www.zune.net with your Live ID credentials?

7thSense, Jul 17, 2014
  4. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

I'm not sure? I know when I was running Windows 8.0 and Windows 7 on my home PC's I didn't have any problems sharing folders on my home network. I used a Live ID on the Windows 8 PC's. Enterprise Customers generate big bucks for Microsoft so I can't see them leaving them in a lurch.

alphanumeric, Jul 18, 2014
  5. That is my hope. I'm on Vista (happily) right now, but I like to make my migration plans early. I was considering skipping 7, as I don't entirely hate Windows 8.1 (provided I use a Start Menu replacement, and hide as much Metro as possible). But my thinking is that I should just adopt Windows 9 early when it appears. Hopefully local user creds will stay. Fingers crossed.

Jody Thornton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

1. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) - Similar Threads - Login Credentials Local

2. How to get Live id user id?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get Live id user id?: Hello, How to get Live id user id? I able to do it programmatically with Live SDK Assembly Microsoft.Live and my id is '1485e587dd6b1811' LiveConnectClient liveClient = new LiveConnectClient_LiveAuthClient.Session;...
  3. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  4. Username: microsoft login vs local login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username: microsoft login vs local login: I have folders on my NAS that are mapped to drives on Win10. If I use my local username, I have no problem accessing the mapped drives. If I change my login to use my Microsoft account, the computer cannot access the mapped drives. I am presented with a Microsoft security...
  5. Microsoft Vs Local account

Microsoft Vs Local account: I have seen a lot of emails about changing a Microsoft account into a local account. I am trying to complete the reverse i.e. Changing a local to a Microsoft one. Here is where I am is. - PC is named Den - I have a local account on the PC user Neil Humphreys - On the...
  6. windows live id issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live id issue: Trying to play Fable 3. But I have an issue with connecting to the Microsoft online id. The pop-up says there is a network problem or the Windows live Id service is not available. But it is impossible because the game is not an online multiplayer and I don’t have any network...
  7. Windows live ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows live ID: Hey, I am trying to apply for a remote position and they need my Windows live ID to send some documents. Is this just the email I use to sign into Microsoft? Or is it something else? I haven't been getting any of the emails so I'm worried I submitted the wrong ID. Please...
  8. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  9. live id

in Windows 10 Customization
    live id: How do i set up or look for my live ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-id/1b736c08-97ac-4e21-9a9f-25c4867fb695
  10. Login problems and credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login problems and credentials: My boss was asked this morning to change her login password because it had expired. She did but now the computer is not accepting the new password and its asking for her credentials. what can she do?...