Windows 10: Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

Discus and support Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Jody Thornton Win User

Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might). My concern would be logging in to Windows NT based servers, or Windows NT domains. Would Live ID logins not pose an issue here?

:)

Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014
  2. RickB_464 Win User

Windows screen saver restore is a blank screen

All - more data as to when this sleep restoration issue started about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks ago I started to actively use the Microsoft live account with OneDrive. I would login to the PC with a local username/password credentials then login to the OneDrive
    account. A Microsoft Windows update was pushed to the PC and I was guided to use the "live" account credentials to login to the PC. Another Windows update was pushed and shortly afterwards I noticed the sleep restoration issue. I have not gone back to the
    local PC login credentials because I like the integration with the OneDrive account. However I don't know if there would be something in the "live account" login credential settings that could possibly cause this sleep restoration issue. Is this possible?

RickB_464, Jul 17, 2014
  3. 7thSense Win User
    how do i get my windows 7 samsung focus to get apps?!

Do you have a Windows Live account on your phone?

Can you login to www.zune.net with your Live ID credentials?

7thSense, Jul 17, 2014
  4. alphanumeric New Member

I'm not sure? I know when I was running Windows 8.0 and Windows 7 on my home PC's I didn't have any problems sharing folders on my home network. I used a Live ID on the Windows 8 PC's. Enterprise Customers generate big bucks for Microsoft so I can't see them leaving them in a lurch.

alphanumeric, Jul 18, 2014
  5. Jody Thornton Win User
    That is my hope. I'm on Vista (happily) right now, but I like to make my migration plans early. I was considering skipping 7, as I don't entirely hate Windows 8.1 (provided I use a Start Menu replacement, and hide as much Metro as possible). But my thinking is that I should just adopt Windows 9 early when it appears. Hopefully local user creds will stay. Fingers crossed.

Jody Thornton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) - Similar Threads - Login Credentials Local

2. Local vs Network user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local vs Network user accounts: I bought a Windows 10 Surface laptop recently from the Microsoft store. The clerk at the store helped me set it up and insisted that I create a network login account which would require that I use my email account to login. The reason she gave was that if my computer ever...
  3. Question on local vs microsoft account

Question on local vs microsoft account: Just setting up a laptop for my daughter. 1. Can you still log in to a laptop as a user set with a microsoft account even if there is no internet access? She is likely to need access in places where there is not always internet access. 2. I have the administrator...
  4. Domain and Local account login

Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...
  5. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account

Microsoft Account vs. Local Account: Primary user here on this computer...if I set up PC as a Local Account do I need a password? I use Outlook as my mail server. Will I have to enter my Microsoft Account password to use Outlook if I initially set up PC as a local account. Basically I want to boot up not...
  6. windows accounts, login credentials and skype

windows accounts, login credentials and skype: I'm lost with win 10 accounts, how many are there? anybody understand this madness? here's what I'm experiencing if this makes sense and anybody cares to follow 1.have win 10 pro laptop that was auto update from win 7 pro, was a local acct admin of course things were just...
  7. Invalid login credentials on boot

Invalid login credentials on boot: Hello, My Windows 10 was automatically logging me in, until recently, when it started showing me the following "The username and password is invalid. Please try again" https://i.imgur.com/BLM98pk.jpg << Screenshot Then it asks me to enter my Microsoft account...
  8. Local access user login

Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...
  9. OneDrive and Local Account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Account login: Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks. 11996
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...