Windows 10: Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

Discus and support Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

I suppose I don't have a "real" problem with using a Live ID to log in to Windows 9 (should they abandon local user names, as I hear they just might). My concern would be logging in to Windows NT based servers, or Windows NT domains. Would Live ID logins not pose an issue here?

:)

Jody Thornton, Jul 17, 2014
  2. RickB_464 Win User

Windows screen saver restore is a blank screen

All - more data as to when this sleep restoration issue started about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks ago I started to actively use the Microsoft live account with OneDrive. I would login to the PC with a local username/password credentials then login to the OneDrive
    account. A Microsoft Windows update was pushed to the PC and I was guided to use the "live" account credentials to login to the PC. Another Windows update was pushed and shortly afterwards I noticed the sleep restoration issue. I have not gone back to the
    local PC login credentials because I like the integration with the OneDrive account. However I don't know if there would be something in the "live account" login credential settings that could possibly cause this sleep restoration issue. Is this possible?

RickB_464, Jul 17, 2014
  3. 7thSense Win User
    how do i get my windows 7 samsung focus to get apps?!

Do you have a Windows Live account on your phone?

Can you login to www.zune.net with your Live ID credentials?

7thSense, Jul 17, 2014
  4. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

I'm not sure? I know when I was running Windows 8.0 and Windows 7 on my home PC's I didn't have any problems sharing folders on my home network. I used a Live ID on the Windows 8 PC's. Enterprise Customers generate big bucks for Microsoft so I can't see them leaving them in a lurch.

alphanumeric, Jul 18, 2014
  5. That is my hope. I'm on Vista (happily) right now, but I like to make my migration plans early. I was considering skipping 7, as I don't entirely hate Windows 8.1 (provided I use a Start Menu replacement, and hide as much Metro as possible). But my thinking is that I should just adopt Windows 9 early when it appears. Hopefully local user creds will stay. Fingers crossed.

Jody Thornton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID)

1. Login Credentials (Local vs Live ID) - Similar Threads - Login Credentials Local

2. window live ID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window live ID?: how can i get WLID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-live-id/d0236f9d-75a1-4145-b8fe-c52fed459bc1
  3. window live ID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window live ID?: how can i get WLID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-live-id/d0236f9d-75a1-4145-b8fe-c52fed459bc1
  4. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  5. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  6. Microsoft login vs. local login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft login vs. local login: My Windows 10 Pro is accessed by me (administrator) using my Microsoft password. If I want to connect from another computer, I am asked for my password which I assume is a local one, which I do not have. Is there a way that I can keep using my Microsoft login yet have a local...
  7. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  8. Username: microsoft login vs local login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username: microsoft login vs local login: I have folders on my NAS that are mapped to drives on Win10. If I use my local username, I have no problem accessing the mapped drives. If I change my login to use my Microsoft account, the computer cannot access the mapped drives. I am presented with a Microsoft security...
  9. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  10. live id

in Windows 10 Customization
    live id: How do i set up or look for my live ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-id/1b736c08-97ac-4e21-9a9f-25c4867fb695