Windows 10: Login credentials

Discus and support Login credentials in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrRightknow, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Login credentials

Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc?

P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though.

submitted by /u/MrRightknow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrRightknow, Oct 11, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Intel AMT Security Issue Lets Attackers Bypass Login Credentials

Next up: security vulnerability found in every router ever with default login credentials...

3. Junaid_A Win User
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Login credentials

option to change the login credentials on Windows 10 computer

Hello Ankit,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We would like to know if you have received any email when you say Microsoft gave me an option to change the login credentials on my Windows 10 computer

Again, please be informed that in order to change the Login ID credentials, you need to access you Microsoft Account at the first place, in this case which would be recovering the Microsoft Account(MSA).

I suggest you to follow the recommended link which was earlier suggested.

Getting back into your Microsoft account if it’s been compromised

Once you recover your MSA, you can refer to the below steps to change the credentials.

• Login to https://login.live.com.
    • Specify the current Windows live ID and password in the available fields and click
      Sign in.
    • On Microsoft account page, make sure that Overview category is selected from the left pane.
    • From the right pane, click Rename account under Account summary.
    • From the right pane of the next page, make sure that Create a new email address radio button is selected under
      Rename your Microsoft account.

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Login credentials

1. Login credentials - Similar Threads - Login credentials

2. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  3. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  4. I setup my MacBook pro for the first time and now I can't remember my login credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I setup my MacBook pro for the first time and now I can't remember my login credentials: I went through the initial setup on MacBook pro I can't remember my login credentials and don't remember if I put backup or recovery details....
  5. I setup my MacBook pro for the first time and now I can't remember my login credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I setup my MacBook pro for the first time and now I can't remember my login credentials: I went through the initial setup on MacBook pro I can't remember my login credentials and don't remember if I put backup or recovery details....
  6. I setup my MacBook pro for the first time and now I can't remember my login credentials

7. Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified: I'm encountering an issue with my Surface Laptop 2 where I can't log in to my Windows. I've typically used a password for login, but suddenly, only the Pin option remains. Upon entering my Pin, I receive the message "Your credentials could not be verified." Subsequently,...
  8. Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified

Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified: I'm encountering an issue with my Surface Laptop 2 where I can't log in to my Windows. I've typically used a password for login, but suddenly, only the Pin option remains. Upon entering my Pin, I receive the message "Your credentials could not be verified." Subsequently,...
  9. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login credentials are stuck on old email address: I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user...
  10. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login credentials are stuck on old email address: I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user...