Windows 10: login defaults to other user only, no other users show

Discus and support login defaults to other user only, no other users show in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by newbie_252, Sep 5, 2020.

1. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere.

:)

newbie_252, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Flissa Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

login defaults to other user only, no other users show [​IMG]

Flissa, Sep 5, 2020
  3. KaseyE Win User
    Removing previous users OR changing default login user

I was given a surface pro 3 not long ago that my Dad had been using for about a year or more. I set up my own profile and after a few weeks I deleted the other accounts on the machine. Even after having removed all accounts other than my own, my dad's login
    still shows on the login prompt at startup. The machine also tries to auto login to his account every time forcing me to select cancel (To a wrong password prompt) and then selecting my own profile from the list at the bottom left corner of the screen.

In User Accounts -> Family & Other Users there are no profiles/accounts listed. In C:\Users I can see folders for myself, Guest, Public, Default, and my dad.

I would be even happy with a partial-fix of making my user the default login on startup, allowing me to turn on the machine and type in the password without pressing cancel, selecting another user, then continuing.

How can I either make my user the default login account OR remove the other accounts (not present in Settings->Accounts) all together?

KaseyE, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

login defaults to other user only, no other users show

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

login defaults to other user only, no other users show

1. login defaults to other user only, no other users show - Similar Threads - login defaults user

2. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other users not showing in user section of login screen: When adding other users to the device, it does not show the users i added to the login screen. I tried restarting and all of that stuff. I cannot figure out why it will not show....
  3. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other users not showing in user section of login screen: When adding other users to the device, it does not show the users i added to the login screen. I tried restarting and all of that stuff. I cannot figure out why it will not show....
  4. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Other users not showing on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users not showing on login screen: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10, and added a second user with admin privileges. Now this second user doesn't show up on the login screen, and so I can't login to that user. How do I fix this?...
  6. Login screen shows always last user and "other user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen shows always last user and "other user": I have two accouts (one domain account, one local account ) on my laptop with Windows 10 pro, Version 1803. The login screen always shows the last user and not the second possible user for choice but "other user". Is it possible to show both, the domain account and the local...
  7. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users: i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant after updated it restarted and it showing only other users while trying my user name and password it shows invalid user name and password [IMG][IMG][IMG]Please respond me with a possible solution as soon as possible...
  8. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...
  9. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing: Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed and there isn't an option to login as another user. This used to work - I'm afraid I can't say exactly when it stopped - a few...
  10. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...