Windows 10: Login details hacked.

Discus and support Login details hacked. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently Creative's Soundblaster forums were pulled down after a data breach which included Email addresses, Forum user names, IP addresses and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kol12, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Login details hacked.

Recently Creative's Soundblaster forums were pulled down after a data breach which included Email addresses, Forum user names, IP addresses and Encrypted passwords.

What would be the course of action in terms of securing myself from any further attack?

:)

Kol12, Aug 20, 2018

2. login details sell for just $5.20 on the dark web

A recent report from content marketing agency Fractl has found out just how much your data is worth on the dark web.

For the study, Fractl scoured all the fraud-related listings on the three biggest dark web marketplaces -- Dream, Point and Wall Street Market -- last month, according to MarketWatch.
    To do this, they downloaded a Tor client, or a network that grants anonymity to internet browsers, which is required in order to access the dark web.

There, they discovered that Facebook logins are sold for just $5.20 each.

Meanwhile, credentials for other popular services like Gmail, Uber and Grubhub are just as cheap.

Your Gmail username and password is a bargain at just $1, while Uber account logins go for $7 and Grubhub logins sell for $9.

By comparison, the most expensive logins are for PayPal, which can demand up to $247, according to Fractl.

Login details hacked. 1521801671754-png.png

Similarly, a separate study by security research firm Top 10 VPN revealed that your entire online identity can be sold for approximately $1,200.

Top 10 VPN also found that Facebook logins would sell for $5.20 on the dark web.

What's perhaps most concerning is that the firm found that extremely sensitive 'proofs of identity' like passports and selfies or utility bills sell for $62 and $29, respectively.

According to Top 10 VPN, criminals can purchase online banking details for just $160, while all of your financial information can sell for $710.

The firm found that hacked financial details were 'by far' the most commonly listed items, with credit cards being the most valuable.

PayPal accounts were also in high demand, Top 10 VPN noted.

Interestingly, they discovered that other popular listings are often referred to as 'fullz.'
    'These bundles of “full” identifying information, sometimes are either packaged with financial details or sold separately,' the firm said.

'We found listings featuring individuals’ name, billing address, mother’s maiden name, social security number, date of birth and other personal data.'

The items that garnered the lowest price tag were online dating logins for sites like Match.com or Plenty of Fish.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Bethesda Hacked, Details About To Be Leaked

Update: LulzSec have released what they claim to be everything they took from Bethesda, including source code and admin passwords, except for the 200,000 user details which they say they’re leaving out because, “We actually like this company.” (They also claim to have broken into senate.gov, and paste this as proof. That should bring them some dark-glassed attention.)

LulzSec, who have claimed responsibility for many of the gaming hacks of late, have announced they’ve had access to Bethesda/Zenimax’s data for a couple of months, and are planning on releasing details today. They’ve been winding up BethSoft all day, threatening to release details of a number of games, including Brink. However, in their usual way, they are suggesting they’ll go easy on them because “we love Call of Cthulhu.” They rather spuriously suggest this is motivated by a lack of details on Skyrim, but even if they received some, plan “to embarrass you anyway.”

As usual LulzSec’s Twitter feed is a mixture of taunting boasts and in-fighting with others in the community, but in the mix is the claim that they currently have over 200,000 users’ details. That’s the bit they suggest they might not leak because of the power of 2005′s Cthulhu game, co-published by Bethesda.

But for some reason the focus of their attack seems to be Brink. Yesterday they warned, “Say your prayers, Brink users.” Seemingly in response to protests from others who pointed out that there’s little argument for their being victims they explained, “If you want ethics, go cry to #Anonymous,” indicating their anarchic motivations are far less politically or socially driven than the Fawkesian crowd. “We did it because they couldn’t stop us,” is the reasoning.

They explain that they’ve had access to the Bethesda data for a couple of months, but seem to be waiting for a couple more details before they release it all. And then comes the threat just a few minutes ago that if Bethesda gives “everyone more info on Skyrim and we’ll keep the user database to ourselves. However we are going to embarrass you anyway. *Big Grin Login details hacked. :D” Then they push their teasing one step further suggesting, “Bethesda, add an official LulzSec top hat to Skyrim and we’ll remove your admin configurations from our incoming leak. Deal?”

It’s clearly an extremely unpleasant experience for those at Bethesda, and it’s a demonstration of what is behind these hacks: the lulz. Those trying to fathom a pattern, or guess what form of revenge or injustice is behind their motivations needs to understand that no such thing is relevant. It’s not even because it’s found to be funny, nor to prove hacking prowess (although that’s clearly a factor along the way). It’s because they can. Thus, lulz.

Source

Does this mean we will get an early Skyrim leak? Perhaps we were anyways (Unrelated to this).

AphexDreamer, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Login details hacked.

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Login details hacked.

1. Login details hacked. - Similar Threads - Login details hacked

2. How to recover microsoft account that is hacked and has the login details already changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover microsoft account that is hacked and has the login details already changed...: Last summer my microsoft account got hacked because I was tricked into a verification fraud through playing minecraft. That time I tried everything to get my account back but I only got replies from some microsoft bots that told me I was unable to get my account back. I had...
  3. How to recover microsoft account that is hacked and has the login details already changed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover microsoft account that is hacked and has the login details already changed...: Last summer my microsoft account got hacked because I was tricked into a verification fraud through playing minecraft. That time I tried everything to get my account back but I only got replies from some microsoft bots that told me I was unable to get my account back. I had...
  4. How to recover microsoft account that is hacked and has the login details already changed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and details changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the email and password have been changed. I have tried filling out the recovery form, however it says that the account tagged to my original email does not exist anymore as the email had been changed by the hacker. I mostly used the account...
  6. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

Microsoft account hacked and details changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the email and password have been changed. I have tried filling out the recovery form, however it says that the account tagged to my original email does not exist anymore as the email had been changed by the hacker. I mostly used the account...
  7. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

8. minecraft account hacked and details changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft account hacked and details changed: I was recently hacked on Minecraft and the guy who hacked my account has switched the email used for my mc account and I can no longer access it. I cannot find anywhere to ask personally to Microsoft to go through there System and see that someone from half way across the...
  9. minecraft account hacked and details changed

minecraft account hacked and details changed: I was recently hacked on Minecraft and the guy who hacked my account has switched the email used for my mc account and I can no longer access it. I cannot find anywhere to ask personally to Microsoft to go through there System and see that someone from half way across the...
  10. minecraft account hacked and details changed