Windows 10: Login Email is Incorrect

Discus and support Login Email is Incorrect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi whenever I try to login to something linked to my Microsoft account Mail, Edge etc. it shows the correct email but when I am prompted for my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatthewSchiavi, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Login Email is Incorrect

Hi whenever I try to login to something linked to my Microsoft account Mail, Edge etc. it shows the correct email but when I am prompted for my password it has me signing into the wrong email.

At one point the "wrong" email was my Microsoft account email but I have since changed it to the one being displayed.

:)

MatthewSchiavi, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 31, 2020
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Login Email is Incorrect

Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Login Email is Incorrect

1. Login Email is Incorrect - Similar Threads - Login Email Incorrect

2. Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email: Hi,I was trying to remove my email from my laptop as the administrator and give my father's email as the administrator. However, I missed one letter in his email and gave the wrong one. I made this incorrect email address the administrator and my account a standard user. When...
  3. Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email: Hi,I was trying to remove my email from my laptop as the administrator and give my father's email as the administrator. However, I missed one letter in his email and gave the wrong one. I made this incorrect email address the administrator and my account a standard user. When...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed: hi all,I'm trying to launch a RDP file using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am using a Mac.When this launches it comes up with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this is no longer an account I use so I am unsure why it appears to be cached and is trying to be used.I...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed: hi all,I'm trying to launch a RDP file using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am using a Mac.When this launches it comes up with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this is no longer an account I use so I am unsure why it appears to be cached and is trying to be used.I...
  6. Email address incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email address incorrect: Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address! I try to change it...
  7. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  8. Incorrect login email for Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect login email for Win 10: When I start up my Win 10 laptop, somehow the email address has changed. The first part of it is correct, except that the end of the email address has now changed from @hotmail.co.uk to @ hotmail.com and so I cannot log on to my laptop. There is no option to change the email...
  9. Incorrect email identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect email identification: Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-identification/55485b10-9e40-4f49-83f7-1c0f8f3c792c
  10. Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible: Unsure if I titled my question properly, so will explain. I bought this asus new a couple months ago. When I went to set it up, I used my wifes older email address, that she does not want. So everytime the darn thing boots up, it is telling her that something is out of date...