Windows 10: Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

Discus and support Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot login using either password or pin, it says "your credential could not be verify" if I use the pin. for password it says "you can reset... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ProjectRK, Jul 8, 2020.

1. ProjectRK Win User

Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

Hi,

I cannot login using either password or pin, it says "your credential could not be verify" if I use the pin. for password it says "you can reset it from the lockscreen or at account.live.com/password/reset". I am confident that I type in my correct password or pin. Please help on this.

:)

ProjectRK, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

Password rejected despite correct password

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

If you have another user account on the tablet, you may login to that account and try the below mentioned steps.

1. Login to the other user account.
    2. Click on start menu and just type “Run”.
    3. Type netplwiz and click
      OK.
    4. Then select the user account
      you are facing the password issue.
    5. Uncheck the box beside
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this tablet”
    6. Then restart the tablet and check if you are able to login.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

1. Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct. - Similar Threads - Login fail using

2. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.: I restarted my pc and upon the restart, it had no internet connection. This is an issue which has been happening for years, at random. Wlancfg sometimes does not automatically run, and I have to manually start the service through task manager for internet to become available....
  3. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.: I restarted my pc and upon the restart, it had no internet connection. This is an issue which has been happening for years, at random. Wlancfg sometimes does not automatically run, and I have to manually start the service through task manager for internet to become available....
  4. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My correct pin and password are both being rejected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My correct pin and password are both being rejected.: When i try to sign in to my local and only account on my lenovo thinkpad it does not accept my correct pin, or password. Nothing was changed by me and nobody had access to it. it makes no sense. After using it one afternoon, i sat it down, it went to sleep. That night when i...
  6. My correct pin and password are both being rejected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My correct pin and password are both being rejected.: When i try to sign in to my local and only account on my lenovo thinkpad it does not accept my correct pin, or password. Nothing was changed by me and nobody had access to it. it makes no sense. After using it one afternoon, i sat it down, it went to sleep. That night when i...
  7. Login PIN not working correctly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login PIN not working correctly: I have set up a PIN to use as a login to my Windows laptop, but it defaults to password each time. When I change sign-in option to PIN, I am taken to "Recovery Mode" and am asked for my security questions. How can I enable use of a PIN instead of a password?...
  8. Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?: I reset my Microsoft e-mail password, connected to WiFi and tried to login. However, it gets stuck on "Welcome" loading circle for maybe 4 minutes before returning me to the login screen. The password is correct. It doesn't tell me the password is wrong or anything.. Is...
  9. Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password: Hello, I am having trouble with logging in to my computer. Even though I have changed my password many times while this problem has been occuring, I still cannot log in to my computer despite having the right password....
  10. Pin or Password login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin or Password login: which is better password or pin and are they safe. Pin seems to be easier to guess or crack is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-or-password-login/51f87a20-82ba-44f7-a3bc-2b45422e3efa"