Windows 10: Login failure after LogonUI.exe crash on login. error 0000000000064c40

Discus and support Login failure after LogonUI.exe crash on login. error 0000000000064c40 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Working with dell xps 9360, recieved a login error that does not allow login in to the computer. It crashes until after some attempts the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wottem, Jul 31, 2018.

1. wottem Win User

Login failure after LogonUI.exe crash on login. error 0000000000064c40

Working with dell xps 9360, recieved a login error that does not allow login in to the computer. It crashes until after some attempts the computer restarts. Also the interface power section (shutdown/restart) will stop working and crash. Last week we have gone through complete windows reinstall for this issue, now it reappeared, though I was able to log after reset.

error details:
    Faulting application name: LogonUI.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5d557fa4
    Faulting module name: logoncontroller.dll, version: 10.0.17134.137, time stamp: 0x8cd68fe7
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000064c40
    Faulting process id: 0x1438
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\LogonUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\logoncontroller.dll

:)

wottem, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Rohit Siddegowda Win User

Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 31, 2018
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Login failure after LogonUI.exe crash on login. error 0000000000064c40 - Similar Threads - Login failure LogonUI

2. Windows desktop freezes + crashes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows desktop freezes + crashes after login: As the title says, the whole desktop freezes after I've logged in. I can get the Ctrl + Alt + Delete menu up but task manager wont appear until the desktop finally sorts itself out. My wallpaper doesn't appear while it's frozen (grey screen) and the little cortana mic is also...
  3. Login failure after LogonUI.exe crash on login. error 0000000000064c40

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login failure after LogonUI.exe crash on login. error 0000000000064c40: Working with dell xps 9360, recieved a login error that does not allow login in to the computer. It crashes until after some attempts the computer restarts. Also the interface power section (shutdown/restart) will stop working and crash. Last week we have gone through...
  4. Restarts after login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restarts after login: After i login on a new computer i just bought, for some reason, it restarts! Ive tried lots of things, and i dont have a usb with windows 10 on it either so i dont know what yo exactly do except finding help, so if anyone can help im all open for it....
  5. Login Failures After Log Off/Lock/Sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Failures After Log Off/Lock/Sleep: Upgrade to Win10Pro from Win7Pro. System is set to use secure logon with Cntrl-Alt-Del in conjunction with Yubikey. It is also set to require login after going to sleep or hibernate. Attempts to login inevitably fail after locking workstation or waking from sleep/hibernation....
  6. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update: SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles. [img] So, what I do is force shut down my PC...
  7. Explorer.exe Crashing on Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer.exe Crashing on Login: Hey everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right area. I have an HP 8460p laptop and I recently got the free upgrade to Windows 10. The opening screens look normal. However, everytime I login, Explorer.exe crashes (or just dissapears) and I am left with a blank screen and a...
  8. Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login: Hi, just upgraded from win 7 to win 10, the system boots up fine untill i get to a blue screen that says, "Hi there, welcome back!" followed by a space for my password. Where the trouble starts is if i enter my password the computer does a sort of freeze, everything stays...
  9. Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10: Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I could not find a similar thread. I received the notice that the windows 10 update was available for a windows 7 laptop we have. The install appeared to go fine, it did not give me any error messages on this. However now that...
  10. Crashing seconds after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Crashing seconds after login: Hi Guys, my computer has been acting strange as of 2 days ago. I was initially just browsing the net and everything stopped loading. I thought my internet went out and I shut down my computer thinking nothing of it. I tried starting it up again later that day but it would...