Windows 10: Login hangs

Discus and support Login hangs in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone. It is my first time here though I have searched high and low within the forum to find what's going on with my machine. It is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by briandresscc, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Login hangs

Hello everyone.

It is my first time here though I have searched high and low within the forum to find what's going on with my machine. It is running Windows 10 Home edition and ever since I added a user account on there for my wife it has been hanging at the login screen.

After waking from sleep or booting it gets to the lock screen with pretty wallpaper and time/date. I click the screen to pull up the login screen and it just hangs, eventually returning to the lock screen. Eventually after quite some time(often in the 5-7 minute range) a click will actually pull up the login screen.

I have tried turning on airplane mode on the lock screen so that it's not trying to connect or anything but that doesn't solve the issue. I am pulling hair out on this and tired of getting yelled at by the Mrs. Any advice?

:)

briandresscc, Nov 7, 2016

2. Nokia 5800 search problems

It kept coming out the same problem going to another internet website and hang login to facebook hang close browser hang even home screen hang too it hang till the WLAN switch off

woshidk3344, Nov 7, 2016
  3. hangs Win User
    Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

Thanks it worked for me too, mine hanged within two days of purchase.

hangs, Nov 7, 2016
  4. Login hangs

briandresscc,

This may seem too simple, but, have you tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to make the sign-in screen appear and enter your PIN or password?

~~~~
    If the above does not work, press the power button to turn on the PC, and, just as Windows starts to load (round dots rotating), press and hold the power button down until it turns off.
    Repeat the same actions two more times, on the third (sometimes fourth) try, instead of the round dots, the PC boots into recovery mode trying to do a fix. This usually fails, and then you are given the recovery/repair options.

In the Windows recovery environment, on the Choose an option screen, click: Troubleshoot >
    Advanced Options, and then click: Startup Repair

~~~~~
    If the Startup Repair does not help, suggest you run the System File Checker (SFC) from the Command Prompt.

This time, on the Choose an option screen, click: Troubleshoot > Advanced Options, and then click: Command Prompt
    Type the following (inside the code box) in the Command Prompt and press: Enter

It may take some time for Windows Resource Protection to find integrity violations, if any are found.

cottonball, Nov 7, 2016
  5. I will have to give it a try.

briandresscc, Nov 8, 2016
  6. When I run the SFC /scannow I get verification 100% complete
    Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

briandresscc, Nov 9, 2016
  7. Ok well I even tried to "reset and keep my files" under the advanced options and it said it could not reset my computer.

briandresscc, Nov 10, 2016
  8. Login hangs

briandresscc,

Please go back to Post #2, and get the computer into Safe Mode using the Power button.

In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, next window, click: Troubleshoot > next window, click: Advanced Options, and at the next window click: Startup Settings

At the next window, Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in several boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. At this window, press: Restart

After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot option you want enabled. To get into Safe Mode with Networking press F5 or 5.

In Safe Mode, does your User account work OK, and does your wife's account work OK also?

cottonball, Nov 10, 2016
  9. Ok I do that. And choose safe mode with networking but when it reboots it instantly goes into the automatic repair state.

briandresscc, Nov 10, 2016
  10. To find the cause of the troubles, you can try a Clean Boot:
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

However, you could also try running the commands below (one at a time) in a Command Prompt (as Administrator) to disable automatic startup repair at boot:

Code: bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No[/quote] Code: bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy IgnoreAllFailures[/quote]
    If in the future you wish to undo the commands above, use the following:

Code: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} recoveryenabled[/quote] Code: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} bootstatuspolicy[/quote]

cottonball, Nov 11, 2016
  11. hello. I tried those things and it did not work. I am currently trying a system recovery from recovery point. My fiance has files on there from her mother that passed and I need to save them.

briandresscc, Dec 27, 2016
  12. Code: bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy IgnoreAllFailures[/quote]
    If in the future you wish to undo the commands above, use the following:

Code: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} recoveryenabled[/quote] Code: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} bootstatuspolicy[/quote] [/quote] i just tried those cmd line codes and then rebooted and got a spaceport sys error. any thoughts?

briandresscc, Dec 27, 2016
  13. Login hangs

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login hangs

1. Login hangs - Similar Threads - Login hangs

2. Windows 11 Login hangs completely after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Login hangs completely after sleep: When waking up a Win11 computer after sleep, sometimes the fingerprint sensor stops working. Then you are to use the PIN. However, the login "PIN" screen doesn't appear, and the computer is hanging.The failing fingerprint sensor is not the problem for me, but that the login...
  3. Windows 11 Login hangs completely after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Login hangs completely after sleep: When waking up a Win11 computer after sleep, sometimes the fingerprint sensor stops working. Then you are to use the PIN. However, the login "PIN" screen doesn't appear, and the computer is hanging.The failing fingerprint sensor is not the problem for me, but that the login...
  4. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  5. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  6. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 hangs randomly, most of the time within a minute or two from login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hangs randomly, most of the time within a minute or two from login: HiMy system is brand new, clean installation and everything, almost nothing is even installed, just windows and it already hanged twice two minutes after I logged in, had to do a hard reboot.I exported the system properties NFO file and also the event log if someone can have...
  8. Windows 11 hangs randomly, most of the time within a minute or two from login

Windows 11 hangs randomly, most of the time within a minute or two from login: HiMy system is brand new, clean installation and everything, almost nothing is even installed, just windows and it already hanged twice two minutes after I logged in, had to do a hard reboot.I exported the system properties NFO file and also the event log if someone can have...
  9. Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles: Hi,We just re-imaged out machines with Windows 10 21H2 LTSB build 19044.1645 and after a lot of narrowing down I found out roaming profiles, as defined in folder redirection GPO, is causing the explorer process to hang on login. It doesn't happen every time but probably 1 in...
  10. Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles: Hi,We just re-imaged out machines with Windows 10 21H2 LTSB build 19044.1645 and after a lot of narrowing down I found out roaming profiles, as defined in folder redirection GPO, is causing the explorer process to hang on login. It doesn't happen every time but probably 1 in...