Windows 10: Login help

Discus and support Login help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a home computer that only I use and for the past years when I turn on the computer it boots to the desktop, but as of yesterday it boots to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bha19, Feb 10, 2019.

1. bha19 Win User

Login help

I have a home computer that only I use and for the past years when I turn on the computer it boots to the desktop, but as of yesterday it boots to the login screen. I did not change anything so why is this now happening and how do I fix this? When I went to user accounts the box is unchecked that says I need a user name and password.

:)

bha19, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 10, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Login help

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Login help

1. Login help - Similar Threads - Login help

2. Help please!!!! Login in Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please!!!! Login in Pin: Last week my pin stopped working stays that it was the wrong pin even though I know it was the correct pin. I reset the pin and put in a new one. Must of put in the wrong pin and now it wont even let me reset the pin.. I am in panic all my work stuff is on this computer.. Any...
  3. Help please!!!! Login in Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please!!!! Login in Pin: Last week my pin stopped working stays that it was the wrong pin even though I know it was the correct pin. I reset the pin and put in a new one. Must of put in the wrong pin and now it wont even let me reset the pin.. I am in panic all my work stuff is on this computer.. Any...
  4. I need some help repairing the Windows login/switch user interface on my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help repairing the Windows login/switch user interface on my pc.: Hi all, averge technical knowledge, no third party support. I jhave a personal PC with my onw main user full admin rights, a Guest, the system administrator and previously two third party admin users PC was used in a work capacity and required oversight of securoty etc. I...
  5. I need some help repairing the Windows login/switch user interface on my pc.

I need some help repairing the Windows login/switch user interface on my pc.: Hi all, averge technical knowledge, no third party support. I jhave a personal PC with my onw main user full admin rights, a Guest, the system administrator and previously two third party admin users PC was used in a work capacity and required oversight of securoty etc. I...
  6. help with login and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with login and restart: hi I have a surface go 2 laptop and I haven't has any problems with it until all of a sudden my finger id doesn't work and I have to use my pin but I couldn't. I thought I had the right pin it wasn't. Then I tried the password it didn't work either and I have already tried to...
  7. help with login and restart

help with login and restart: hi I have a surface go 2 laptop and I haven't has any problems with it until all of a sudden my finger id doesn't work and I have to use my pin but I couldn't. I thought I had the right pin it wasn't. Then I tried the password it didn't work either and I have already tried to...
  8. Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...: I have a Lenovo legion go. I was using it perfectly an hour before this happened, but when I came back and tried to log in. The login page said, “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again”. if I click set up pin, takes me to the same...
  9. Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...

Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...: I have a Lenovo legion go. I was using it perfectly an hour before this happened, but when I came back and tried to log in. The login page said, “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again”. if I click set up pin, takes me to the same...
  10. When I login in to my laptop it and open up chrome it says internet is blocked please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I login in to my laptop it and open up chrome it says internet is blocked please help: When I go to my settings and check wifi and it says connected but no wifi but when I use the wifi that says no connection on my phone it works perfectly fine and now when I try to log in it says no internet connection help...