Windows 10: Login help

Discus and support Login help in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a home computer that only I use and for the past years when I turn on the computer it boots to the desktop, but as of yesterday it boots to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bha19, Feb 11, 2019.

1. bha19 Win User

Login help

I have a home computer that only I use and for the past years when I turn on the computer it boots to the desktop, but as of yesterday it boots to the login screen and says incorrect password.If I click o.k I see 2 accounts with the exact same name but one is admin and one is not. I can log in anyhow. I did not change anything so why is this now happening and how do I fix this? When I went to user accounts the box is unchecked that says I need a user name and password.

:)

bha19, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 11, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Login help

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Login help

1. Login help - Similar Threads - Login help

2. Windows 10 enterprise - setting custom login screen *help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 enterprise - setting custom login screen *help: Hey Guys Still new with GPO and Registries, wanting to find out how do i deploy a custom logo on pc start up - initially would like to deploy on my local PC first before going through the domain of course, Any suggestions here, i have tried forcing a specific login image...
  3. help internet banking wont let me login

in Windows 10 Customization
    help internet banking wont let me login: help internet banking wont let me log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-internet-banking-wont-let-me-login/09d8cf4f-2482-455e-abe3-9884626d126d
  4. Need Urgent Help: Windows 10 Keeps Freezing On Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Urgent Help: Windows 10 Keeps Freezing On Login.: Hello there. It's my first time reaching out therefore please excuse the mistakes (if any). I have a windows 10 on Lenovo and I had just stumble across this problem. My computer would just shows a blank screen for a very long time after reboot and when I am able to get pass...
  5. Password problems Need login help

Password problems Need login help: When I finish with my computer 6/22/2019 it stated not to close because of a window download and the computer would shut off when finished. The next day I was locked out because my computer didn’t recognize my face, pin# or password. I have spent 3 days with Microsoft and...
  6. Windows 10 CRASHES AFTER LOGIN. Need help.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 CRASHES AFTER LOGIN. Need help.: Seemingly out of nowhere a couple days ago, my perfectly fine PC started to crash after I tried to log in. After extensively frustrating trial and error, here are the specifics. When I put my computer to sleep, it will crash. When I then restart it and log in, I'll be able to...
  7. Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work)

Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work): New computer, can't bypass the login screen. Used netplwiz to uncheck box and gpedit to Enable "Do Not Display Welcome screen". Any ideas as to why this may not be working, or more importantly what I can do to rectify. Thanks!...
  8. Laptop stuck on background screen, can login ! Can any body help?

Laptop stuck on background screen, can login ! Can any body help?: I can't log in . Screen shows date, time and power but no place to login , no curser and keyboard doesn't respond. Can any body help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-on-background-screen-can-login-can/2e75b50a-26e4-4cd9-b1b0-d2dd3e3083ed
  9. Login help

in Windows 10 Support
    Login help: I have a home computer that only I use and for the past years when I turn on the computer it boots to the desktop, but as of yesterday it boots to the login screen. I did not change anything so why is this now happening and how do I fix this? When I went to user accounts the...
  10. HELP! NO INPUT! STUCK ON LOGIN!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP! NO INPUT! STUCK ON LOGIN!: This is a huge issue for me... I have watched several support videos on YouTube about the Windows 10 1709 issue on USB Mouse & Keyboard. I have reseted my eMaxx desktop running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, upgrade from Windows 7 SP1, because it lagged so bad. Hard drives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window login help