Windows 10: Login in to Windows w/ blank screen and cursor after Windows update

Discus and support Login in to Windows w/ blank screen and cursor after Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon signing into Windows after a normal startup I am met with a blank screen and a cursor. This is always after updating Windows. I have done this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CCHingson, Aug 19, 2020.

1. CCHingson Win User

Login in to Windows w/ blank screen and cursor after Windows update

Upon signing into Windows after a normal startup I am met with a blank screen and a cursor. This is always after updating Windows. I have done this multiple times after reverting back to an old save so I can actually use my PC. I would like to be able to update Windows without this happening. I have looked elsewhere on forums and have found no solution.

I have tried to fix this by Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then clicking on Task Manager. Nothing happens.

I have tried Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. Nothing happens.

I have rebooted the PC in safety mode with networking to try and uninstall drivers and upon hovering over the search bar it loads and then tells me Microsoft Windows is not responding and I should end the process only for it to repeat the same error. Anything else in safety mode sits and loads for a long time only to quit without telling me about an error.

None of these solutions that have helped others work for me. My PC simply just loads endlessly after I prompt it to open something.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

:)

CCHingson, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Steve1380 Win User
    Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Login in to Windows w/ blank screen and cursor after Windows update - Similar Threads - Login blank screen

2. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  3. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  4. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login: Hey all, trying to help my gf with some computer issues, We were playing games and hanging out on discord last night, we went to sleep, she attempted to wake her computer up in the morning, she gets a black screen after login with cursor. Walked through the typical steps,...
  6. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  7. Black screen w/cursor after login and extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen w/cursor after login and extremely slow: The title explains it all. Aftee restarting my PC a few hours ago, it booted up extremely slowly, logged me in slowly, and then displayed a black screen. I tried to reinstall windows while keeping my files, but that didn't do anything. Whenever I press ctrl alt delete it...
  8. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  9. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.: Hi, I've got a serious issue. My newly built computer has been having issues since about day 3. First, let me list off relevant hardware and software. MoBo: ASUS Z170-A CPU: Intel 6600k i5 GPU: MSI 1070 GTX RAM: 32GB DDR4 128GB SSD 1TB HDD 1.5TB HDD 650w PSU...
  10. Help w/ blank screen/cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help w/ blank screen/cursor: Hello Shortly after upgrading my nVidia drivers to a Windows 10 version (about a week ago), I've been getting the now famous blank screen with a cursor. I can bring up the "Projectors" menu (Winkey + P) but nothing else. I can get into the Troubleshooting boot mode,...