Windows 10: Login info and some windows settings not saved. +Some other issues

Discus and support Login info and some windows settings not saved. +Some other issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since i updated to windows 10 2004, i noticed something. My Onedrive, New MS Edge, Mail, and Windows Defender is not saving my changes every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fiona Sherleen, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Login info and some windows settings not saved. +Some other issues

Ever since i updated to windows 10 2004, i noticed something.
    My Onedrive, New MS Edge, Mail, and Windows Defender is not saving my changes
    every restart, i need to re-enter my pass for onedrive, edge, and mail.
    i need to re-enable windows defender too.
    Rollback to 1909 is no longer an option.

And my Wi-Fi adapter randomly resets itself, like unplugging it and plugging it back in.

:)

Fiona Sherleen, Jul 7, 2020

2. 'some settings are managed by your organisation' issue

Hi,

Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, I noticed I am unable to change certain settings (grayed out), and a message 'some settings are managed by your organisation' message is displayed on these setting screens. No matter what I do I cant seem to fix this. I have researched the issue and a few other people have experienced the same issue. Some have suggested making adjustments using gpedit.msc but as I have windows 10 home I cant do this. The issue seems to be related to incorret policies being set but I have no way of changing them. I have tried creating a new user profile and I notice they do not experience the same issue, it only seems to relate to my original user profile that was pulled across from windows 8.1. Any thoughts on how I can fix this at all?

markread76, Jul 7, 2020
  3. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Hi Felkurio,

Since the steps you have tried did not help, we suggest visiting this
    Thread
    that has the same concern. The thread contains some steps that worked for some
    of the Community members. Please check the thread and try some of the steps provided and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Login info and some windows settings not saved. +Some other issues

*Some settings are managed by your organisation

I see that message after rebooting having installed updates. The message goes away after a couple of minutes or if you do another manual search for updates. I just put this down to the usual MS lax quality control.

You can peruse All Tasks in both places in Group Policy Editor to see if anything has been configured. I've solved that message "Some settings are managed by...." as follows:
    1. Open Group Policy Editor and peruse both listings for Administrative Templates / All settings
    2. Find any rules related to your problem - in this case Windows Update
    3. Select Enabled for each rule, select Apply. Then select Not Configured, select Apply.
    4. Toggling the rules on/off as above has removed the message "Some settings .." a few times for me. I don't know whybut it works!

Steve C, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Login info and some windows settings not saved. +Some other issues

1. Login info and some windows settings not saved. +Some other issues - Similar Threads - Login info settings

2. Network internet issue with some apps, but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network internet issue with some apps, but not others: I recently reinstalled Windows 11 pro. For a few weeks after this, I had no issues or none that I noticed. But I've started to see a few strange things with internet access.I have a small app that downloads development packages when updates are available, but it can no longer...
  3. Network internet issue with some apps, but not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network internet issue with some apps, but not others: I recently reinstalled Windows 11 pro. For a few weeks after this, I had no issues or none that I noticed. But I've started to see a few strange things with internet access.I have a small app that downloads development packages when updates are available, but it can no longer...
  4. Moving saved passwords + other info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving saved passwords + other info: I have a new laptop that I want to have the same user info passwords in "credential manager" amongst other things that the old one has. Is there a simple method to make this possible? I´m a computer newbee so baby steps, please. Thanks...
  5. Some Windows Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Windows Issues: Guys I have some issues that I would resolve. 1) When searching a file also in a speed ssd (970 evo plus 1tb) it takes a very long time 2) When I resize some softwares (like hwinfo, it lags everything and the resizing process is very very laggy) 3) Sometimes it boots...
  6. Background automatic login of other accounts / Accounts share the some settings

Background automatic login of other accounts / Accounts share the some settings: I have the admin account and my wife have a user account. Each night my wife uses the PC and she turns it off properly, but everytime I turn it on and use my account, for some reason, the PC log in her account on the backround too, along with programs in her account setup...
  7. Background automatic login of other accounts / Accounts share the some settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background automatic login of other accounts / Accounts share the some settings: I have the admin account and my wife have a user account. Windows 10 on a HP Unit. Each night my wife uses the PC and she turns it off properly, but everytime I turn it on and use my account, for some reason, the PC log in her account on the backround too, along with...
  8. Get rid of some info on CMD

Get rid of some info on CMD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheSulake [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isxnl7/get_rid_of_some_info_on_cmd/
  9. Need some info on system restore

Need some info on system restore: How long does a system restore take. It’s been almost 30 mins and want to know how long this might take until it is done. submitted by /u/LSpidervinny [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm9gqr/need_some_info_on_system_restore/
  10. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation - your info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation - your info: I am having an issue with changing profile picture on Windows 10 - this is with all users on the PC. This isnt related to Active directory I believe, I have seen articles which changes update/lock screen/theme settings via gpedit.msc but cant seem to find any articles related...