Windows 10: Login Information

Discus and support Login Information in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Sir or Madam, Many of your customers, such as myself, primarily use Google and Apple platforms, while using PC hardware loaded with Windows.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Stéphane MonPremier, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Login Information

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many of your customers, such as myself, primarily use Google and Apple platforms, while using PC hardware loaded with Windows. From time to time, we wish to make changes to our settings. The experience for me has almost always been a complete nightmare. Login into Microsoft, or OneDrive and password resets is extremely complicated. The authentication process is unduly complicated. Retrieving or changing user names, passwords, and access codes, for several family members and employees, is unduly cumbersome. Often times, when the password is reset, we are prompted to enter the old password or new password again. When doing so, we are told that it is an incorrect or invalid password. How is this possible when the password has been reset? Why would we be asked to input the old password when we are resetting it because we no longer have access to it.

I have taken the time to write this message as MS is imposing their products on PC and Windows users, such as their "new recommended browser". This is serious concern to me as MS is attempting to further marry me to a product I am dissatisfied with. As long as MS continues to make things as complicated and counterintuitive as they have historically done, the desired conversions will not occur. In fact, although I recently purchased 3 PCs for my family this summer, I am seriously considering selling these devices and getting MacBook Pros.

MS ought to learn from companies such as Google, IG, FB, Shopify, and Apple. Security issues can be addressed in a practical, intuitive and end user friendly way.

While little will come of this message, other than allowing me to vent the frustration experienced this afternoon and the 2 hours of lost work, perhaps others will be able to validate my views. The swell of voices could potentially lead to improvement.

Stéphane from Canada

Frustrated MS customer

:)

Stéphane MonPremier, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Login Information

Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Login Information

1. Login Information - Similar Threads - Login Information

2. How do I change Login In information when someone has changed information and used their...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Login In information when someone has changed information and used their...: How do I change Login In information when someone has changed information and used their information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-login-in-information-when-someone/263ca8eb-31ad-4ca7-bd8e-a272aa2a0fd8
  3. How do I change Login In information when someone has changed information and used their...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change Login In information when someone has changed information and used their...: How do I change Login In information when someone has changed information and used their information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-login-in-information-when-someone/263ca8eb-31ad-4ca7-bd8e-a272aa2a0fd8
  4. W11 login - forces opening of Edge and Copilot information - how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 login - forces opening of Edge and Copilot information - how do I stop this?: Please help! Since latest installation of w11 when faced with a login screen I cannot get to the password without clicking either "Copilot - learn more" or "Copilot - use" options. Then when I have logged in Edge opens with information about Copilot. It seems to have started...
  5. W11 login - forces opening of Edge and Copilot information - how do I stop this?

W11 login - forces opening of Edge and Copilot information - how do I stop this?: Please help! Since latest installation of w11 when faced with a login screen I cannot get to the password without clicking either "Copilot - learn more" or "Copilot - use" options. Then when I have logged in Edge opens with information about Copilot. It seems to have started...
  6. Find me information on password login change keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find me information on password login change keyboard: How do I change the keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-me-information-on-password-login-change/419ced4c-43e7-4215-977a-8c855f27844e
  7. Find me information on password login change keyboard

Find me information on password login change keyboard: How do I change the keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-me-information-on-password-login-change/419ced4c-43e7-4215-977a-8c855f27844e
  8. Find me information on password login change keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to change login for work computer without losing information and setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change login for work computer without losing information and setup: My old company is dissolving and has allowed me to keep my old laptop to do with as I please but the outlook account will be shut down by the end of the month - I have already created a separate administrator account on the laptop so I have access to all of my old files but...
  10. How to change login for work computer without losing information and setup

How to change login for work computer without losing information and setup: My old company is dissolving and has allowed me to keep my old laptop to do with as I please but the outlook account will be shut down by the end of the month - I have already created a separate administrator account on the laptop so I have access to all of my old files but...