Windows 10: Login issue with Windows hello

Discus and support Login issue with Windows hello in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I’m writing after reading all the posts about, but still didn’t find a solution.Windows hello is not working anymore.I always entered with the face... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eleonora83EC, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Login issue with Windows hello

Hi,I’m writing after reading all the posts about, but still didn’t find a solution.Windows hello is not working anymore.I always entered with the face recognition and everything was fine.This morning it didn’t work immediately so I though to set up the pin, so, in case my face recognition didn’t work again, I could enter with the pin.I set up the pin and everything was fine.Then I close the lid 10minute, when I open it again, Windows Hello told me that the face recognition wasn’t working because I have to set up a pin and it gives me this message “Something happened and your PIN isn’t availabl

:)

Eleonora83EC, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Login issue with Windows hello fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I had a chat discussion with one of the Microsoft tech agents. After much troubleshooting and hit and try, some issues got fixed.

I use HP Client Security for fingerprint login. There I also created 'spare key' which was preventing Windows to show fingerprint login option. When I removed spare key option, I got back the fingerprint login option for me.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Pathak

RajeshfromIndia, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Login issue with Windows hello

Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Login issue with Windows hello

1. Login issue with Windows hello - Similar Threads - Login issue hello

2. Windows Hello Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Login: I forgot my Microsoft account that is used to login to windows hello. It was new email account created so have not send any email or received email. When I try to recover the account. Microsoft doesn't allow to do so saying you have not provided us enough information....
  3. Windows Hello Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Login: I forgot my Microsoft account that is used to login to windows hello. It was new email account created so have not send any email or received email. When I try to recover the account. Microsoft doesn't allow to do so saying you have not provided us enough information....
  4. Login window Hello problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login window Hello problem: Dear Sir, Today i am successful install Linux operating system but unfortunately we not remove 4 digit pin to login to window. When I am start the window show the massage sometime happened and your pin is not available delete to set up your pin again but set up pin again not...
  5. Login window Hello problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login window Hello problem: Dear Sir, Today i am successful install Linux operating system but unfortunately we not remove 4 digit pin to login to window. When I am start the window show the massage sometime happened and your pin is not available delete to set up your pin again but set up pin again not...
  6. Windows Hello Face Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Login: i have an asus desktop which has an webcam so i thought windows hello face login would work but it said unavailable so i was a little dissapointed but still i wish microsoft makes it available for all laptops and desktop only face id...
  7. Windows 10 Hello Login issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Hello Login issue: For any activity I am prompted to check in through Hello and when going as per the system I am prompted to put in my PIN. Which till date had not created. Now the issue is I am not able to do any changes When asking for my account password the system only throws back...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login: I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device....
  9. Windows hello login problem

Windows hello login problem: Is it fine if the camera didn’t turn off when I open my laptop using Windows Hello? After i restart, everything was working normally. Im still a bit un-secure when login using windows hello....
  10. Windows 10 Hello Login

Windows 10 Hello Login: Today I turned on my laptop and login via fingerprint and Windows 10 PIN would not work. The Windows 10 login would not accept any letters but did accept numbers. I was able to login using Microsoft account (both letters and numbers accepted). I went to Windows Hello setup...