Windows 10: Login issues after safe mode

Discus and support Login issues after safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So firstly my computer has been having an error with the personalized settings not responding AFTER I log in for a while now. But just recently I had a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by IzzyVaughan, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Login issues after safe mode

So firstly my computer has been having an error with the personalized settings not responding AFTER I log in for a while now. But just recently I had a big complied update as I hadn't updated windows in a while. Few days later and my computer is running ridiculously slow.

I tried to open my settings and it failed, could not open file explorer, it would just crash without even opening, so I tried to open the control panel with the command prompt, which never managed to open the control panel.

So I decided to restart my computer. Bad idea. It took half an hour for it to boot up, then the login screen kept bugging out, it would get to the pin login area and blink black. A few times I would be able to type in my pin but it would freeze and send me back to the time screen, only for it to blink and freeze all over again.

I looked up some fixes and tried to run in safe mode and do a troubleshoot. Now when I get to the login screen (still bugging out btw) and enter my pin (which I have never changed) it says it is incorrect. I'm afraid of locking myself out now.

I have been attempting to get into my computer and fix this for over 7 hours now.

:)

IzzyVaughan, Jan 24, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Login issues after safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Login issues after safe mode

1. Login issues after safe mode - Similar Threads - Login issues safe

2. Safe Mode / login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode / login issues: Hi I have a Lenovo IdeaPad which i haven't opened in about 2 years, I just tried to turn it on today and it keeps either showing the Lenovo sign and a dotted rotating circle or 'Scanning and fixing D:' I cant go into safe mode and no matter what the screen always ends up...
  3. safe mode login trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode login trouble: i am trying to login on safe mode i did select networking. it will not accept my password on login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-login-trouble/8625db0c-98bf-4024-86cb-b4faddd47505
  4. Safe mode login issues...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode login issues...: Stuck in safe mode! Tried using microsoft password, cant get into command prompt, it wont let me login now!!! submitted by /u/XXXTYLING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pqev/safe_mode_login_issues/
  5. Login failed in Safe Mode

Login failed in Safe Mode: I could not login in to Windows 10 safe mode using the same pin I used to successfully login Windows 10 normal mode. I want to enter safe mode to remove bluetooth security tag which has popped up recently. What is the problem?...
  6. Not able to login in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login in safe mode.: Hi, I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still asking password. Everytime it is showing password is incorrect. I tried again after changing the password. Still not working....
  7. Login not recognised in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login not recognised in safe mode.: Was trying to use DDU to remove old GPU drivers, used MSConfig to restart in safe mode. Restarted, entered password (The one that I use everyday on this machine.) Windows 10 says password not recognised and goes no further. Now how the hell do I bypass either safe mode or...
  8. Login issue in safe mode

Login issue in safe mode: I had to remove a driver for camcorder and used an utility downloaded from the developer website. While launching the app, the system suggested to boot in a safe mode. Here my problem has started. The system denied to accept my password to the Microsoft account. I tried the...
  9. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...
  10. Issues with Safe Mode!!!

Issues with Safe Mode!!!: Recently I was on my computer and I turned on Safe Mode. I then restarted my computer and now I am locked out. None of my passwords work, I have changed all my Microsoft Passwords and Gmail/Google passwords and still nothing works. I have tried doing the Shift+Restart and I...