Windows 10: Login Keyboard Letter Keys Won't Work

Discus and support Login Keyboard Letter Keys Won't Work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This morning the letters keys on my keyboard won't work at login pin. Everything else works, just the letters. I tried different keyboards. Filter... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CynthiaSteele1, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Login Keyboard Letter Keys Won't Work

This morning the letters keys on my keyboard won't work at login pin. Everything else works, just the letters. I
    tried different keyboards. Filter keys is off.

:)

CynthiaSteele1, Mar 12, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 12, 2021
  4. lvvvvvl Win User

Login Keyboard Letter Keys Won't Work

Keyboard letters don't work to login to Windows User account.

Hello,

For the last few days, I can't seem to be able to login to my user account on the windows login screen.

When it boots and asks me to type my user password, I try typing but the letters won't work. The numbers work fine, as do the system keys (ctrl, enter, space, shift etc..) but I can't type letters. My mouse works perfectly.

Sometimes after a few reboots, it does let me type again but then stops working on the next reboot.

I've tried using the Ease of Access on-screen keyboard provided in the windows login screen, but when I try hit the letter keys with my mouse, they don't work there either.

I finally figured out I can choose the option to login via my microsoft account instead of the user password, and when I select the microsoft account option, the letter keys work fine to type the password!

I'm running Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 15 (9550) with touch screen.

I don't know if it may be related but I did update my dell with the suggested updates (some bios one, alongside a few others) around the same time the issue started.

What could it be?

Thank you.

lvvvvvl, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Login Keyboard Letter Keys Won't Work

1. Login Keyboard Letter Keys Won't Work - Similar Threads - Login Keyboard Letter

2. Keyboard letters not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard letters not working: I cant log in to my laptop because the letter keys arent working and my password has letters in it. This has happened before and I needed a 24 number bit locker code. I have this but I cannot get in because I cant submit my initial log in password as it has letters in it...
  3. Keyboard letters not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard letters not working: I cant log in to my laptop because the letter keys arent working and my password has letters in it. This has happened before and I needed a 24 number bit locker code. I have this but I cannot get in because I cant submit my initial log in password as it has letters in it...
  4. Keyboard function keys won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard function keys won't work: Hello i have a keyboard that works fine on my laptop fine 100%but when i try to use the function keys on my desktop, they don't worki currently have a jamesdonkey A3 keyboard which is a 65% keyboard with no function lock keyi have filter keys off, i've tried sfc/scannow and...
  5. Keyboard letter keys stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard letter keys stop working: I’ve seen different threads to what i think is a similar problem, but as yet not found the solution.essentially withing 5 minutes of firing up the computer the typing function stops. Tab seems to still work and some of the periferal keys, but letters and numbers, punctuation...
  6. Keyboard Letter Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Letter Not Working: Hi We have a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 20H2 At the login screen c, h, l, o, p, u, v and return key are not working. If the letter p is pressed this invokes the Projector SideBar its as if the Windows Key is being pressed The issue occurs with any keyboard and onscreen...
  7. Letter keys on the keyboard won't type intermittently not a hardware issue

Letter keys on the keyboard won't type intermittently not a hardware issue: Win10 Edu 1909 Tried two keyboard, one is Logitech K380 Bluetooth fresh battery, the other one is a wired Apple keyboard. Both works fine most of the time. It is very little chance for hardware problem here. Both works on other devices. Just very recently, the letter...
  8. Keyboard Keys Won't Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keys Won't Work: My page up and page down keys don't work after recent M/S update. I have a Dell Latitude laptop and I'm running Windows 10. What the deally be? I've rebooted, used different function keys, but no change....
  9. Windows 10 keyboard letter keys stop working

Windows 10 keyboard letter keys stop working: Windows Wireless Comfort 5050 Desktop keyboard letters and shift keys stopped working on computer 1. Function keys and calculator key continue to work. Wireless mouse continues to work 100%. Switched out 3 different keyboards, 2 Logitec and one other Microsoft. Logitec uses...
  10. letter not working on keyboard

letter not working on keyboard: letter not working on keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/letter-not-working-on-keyboard/c238535a-a5f5-4d37-a9a9-cf8e13061d7a