Windows 10: Login/Logoff wont play?

Discus and support Login/Logoff wont play? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i activated the Logon/ Logoff sounds on my Dell, however, when i start it up, it does make the Startup Sound, but not the logon sound, is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MSWindows7, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Login/Logoff wont play?

So i activated the Logon/ Logoff sounds on my Dell, however, when i start it up, it does make the Startup Sound, but not the logon sound, is there anyway i can have it make the sound? Do i have to disable the startup sound? Or isnt Win 10 not meant to use the Logon Logoff sounds?

:)

MSWindows7, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Rivergoat Win User

Login/Logoff wont play?

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Login/Logoff wont play?

1. Login/Logoff wont play? - Similar Threads - Login Logoff wont

2. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp: HelloWhen checking on a laptop, I can see multiple login/logoff events with the same timestamp same hour, same minute, same second but a difference of milliseconds.What I was able to saw is that the TargetLogonID is the same, and when checking the PID of the process...
  3. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp: HelloWhen checking on a laptop, I can see multiple login/logoff events with the same timestamp same hour, same minute, same second but a difference of milliseconds.What I was able to saw is that the TargetLogonID is the same, and when checking the PID of the process...
  4. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Logoff/Login password prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  6. Logoff/Login password prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  7. regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.: On my Windows 10 Home 1909 version, I am trying to skin my installation to look and almost act like Windows XP. It is almost done, as Winaero Tweaker has helped disable Aero Snap likewise. [img] The only problem I have is the regedit keys I have edited so that I am able to...
  8. how can time of last login/logoff be displayed upon login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how can time of last login/logoff be displayed upon login?: how can time of last login/logoff be displayed upon login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-time-of-last-loginlogoff-be-displayed-upon/7c64c70c-7dca-4091-a38f-8d77cc2cd0ea
  9. custom logon/logoff sounds does not play

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom logon/logoff sounds does not play: As the attached picture shows that I have designated custom sounds for such purpose but it will not play as intended. These sounds are in .WAV format which is acceptable by format. Windows build version is 1903 (OS Build 1836.175), I have not updated windows as it would...
  10. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355