Windows 10: Login named changed to AdministratorP??

Discus and support Login named changed to AdministratorP?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My username shoes normally at the windows 10 login screen but then when I go into cmd prompt it shows that it has changed to AdministratorP. All of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thunder_185, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Login named changed to AdministratorP??

My username shoes normally at the windows 10 login screen but then when I go into cmd prompt it shows that it has changed to AdministratorP. All of my folders and directories are now located under this new entity. I have had this laptop for years without issue. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

:)

Thunder_185, Jun 27, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jun 27, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Windows Login Name

"My ultimate goal is to have my name changed on my Skype account. Which reflects the name on my lock screen."

Apply Step 5 to change the name on your Local account which is appearing on login screen to the name on you MS account profile that you do want to appear.

However, the Skype name is separate from the MS account name if you are using the traditional desktop program. You can change the Skype name to match by opening Skype/Skype tab/My account which takes you to Skype account page. Click your picture/Skype alias/Edit profile on next page/Change name here/Save at page bottom. Good Luck

mrgeek, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Login named changed to AdministratorP??

Cannot change the user login name in Windows 10

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you trying to change the name of a Microsoft account or locale account?
    • Do you get any error message when you are unable to delete the account?

For now, if you are trying to change the login name of the Microsoft account, I suggest that you follow the steps below

1. Open Settings page and then open Accounts.

2. Under Your Email and Accounts page click on the Manage my Microsoft accounts link

3. This will re-direct you to live.com website. Here you enter your credentials and then make the changes that you wish to.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Login named changed to AdministratorP??

1. Login named changed to AdministratorP?? - Similar Threads - Login named changed

2. Changing login user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  3. Changing login user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  4. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  5. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  6. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change login Name, kinda

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change login Name, kinda: When I recently reinstalled Windows 10 - 1909 it asked me to setup a Microsoft account and I did. On my earlier installation I used a local account and it opened right to Windows without a password. But now that I setup Windows with a Microsoft account the title across the...
  8. Need to Change Login Name

Need to Change Login Name: Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I have only seen the tutorial video about naming one's device prior to the initial installment of Win10. But as you see from the screenshot below, the name the machine displayed is not what is desired. When I ran thru the Open Box...
  9. Login name needs to be Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login name needs to be Changed: When I set up my new computer I did not have a Microsoft account. I want to change it from my husbands Hotmail account to my account so when I log in it says my name not his with his Hotmail account linked to everything. How do I go about doing this?...
  10. Change Windows Login Name

Change Windows Login Name: I'm trying to change my name that displays on my windows login screen (not to be confused with my password). I've searched the web and tried everything I could find but nothing works. And the name was auto populated after initial setup of my new laptop. It' an older name I...