Windows 10: Login: no other option but PIN

Discus and support Login: no other option but PIN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/irazoquimatias, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Login: no other option but PIN

Hi,

I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login method, and I don't have a "Forgot my PIN" option either. It's just the box to enter the PIN. I read that an option is to boot with "safe mode" using F8, but apparently that doesn't work. I've also tried to reboot using the shift key to enter in troubleshouting, but that doesn't work either. I'm really worried, because I've never set a W10 and out of nowhere I can't use my computer anymore.

Thanks!!!

submitted by /u/irazoquimatias
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/irazoquimatias, Feb 2, 2021

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Login: no other option but PIN

lost option to login with PIN

Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:
    1.)
    Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:

Login: no other option but PIN [​IMG]

3.) Click Continue:

4.) If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:

(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:

In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

Kari, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Login: no other option but PIN

1. Login: no other option but PIN - Similar Threads - Login option PIN

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  4. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  5. Forgot PIN, no other login options

Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  6. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  7. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  8. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  9. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. lost option to login with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost option to login with PIN: Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731