Windows 10: Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

Discus and support Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/klkmom, Jul 17, 2020.

1. /u/klkmom Win User

Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either fingerprint or password. Now, when I tried to login after my laptop went to sleep, it only prompts for password. All combinations that I can think of only yield "Password wrong". Multiple restarts didn't change this.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the other two options back?

Before my computer went to sleep, I was prompted by outlook to login again into my work/school and private email accounts, which I felt was a bit weird.

My account is not associated with a Microsoft account, and my harddrive is bit locker encrypted

submitted by /u/klkmom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/klkmom, Jul 17, 2020
  2. markg2 Win User

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

markg2, Jul 17, 2020
  3. nic-- Win User
    PIN is required to login

I used to login windows with my fingerprint.

But now it required to login with my PIN and I forgot my PIN (even didn't remember that I set a PIN or not)

I check on "forget PIN" but no response.

I scan fingerprint and it required my PIN....

How can I login with my fingerprint only?

nic--, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Jeong-hun Win User

Use password instead of PIN after three fingerprint failures?

Removing PIN also removed fingerprint. At the second time, I looked at the message carefully. It said if I remove PIN, Windows Hello will be also removed.

So, there is no way to keep the fingerprint login and use password instead of PIN after three failures?

Jeong-hun, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint - Similar Threads - Login requires password

2. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  3. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  4. Win 11 update now asking for pin login, no password option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 update now asking for pin login, no password option: After a windows 11 update my laptop is asking for a pin. I don't have a pin just a password. There is no option to change how I log in. I've tried safe mode and the pin is still required. I'm completely locked out of my laptop...
  5. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  6. Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option: I am admin. In Admin account, Windows Security App & Browser Control is enabled. In a User Account, it is not. When I try to activate it, a window pops up asking for Admin privileges and I am asked for fingerprint. Fingerprint doesn't work. Doesn't work to login to Admin...
  7. Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN: Windows 10 Professional Version 1903, OS build 18362.295 – Intel Core i5-6500T, 16GB DDR4 PIN has been established, recognized and saved. Up until a short while ago I had been able to sign on after a startup, reboot or waking from sleep. I don’t mind this benign extra...
  8. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  9. Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN: I just purchased a modest Toshiba laptop to replace my five year old HP laptop. Being new to W10, I am not impressed with and do not trust the use of a PIN rather than a sophisticated password. The USB reader I bought for the Toshiba is an Eikon using Authentec driver. I...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...