Windows 10: login on window security pin not working

Discus and support login on window security pin not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; would to reset my pin for window security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheodoreToodle, Oct 17, 2019.

1. login on window security pin not working

would to reset my pin for window security

:)

TheodoreToodle, Oct 17, 2019

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 17, 2019
  4. login on window security pin not working

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

login on window security pin not working

1. login on window security pin not working - Similar Threads - login window security

2. Login pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin not working: Login pin not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-not-working/f98ca5a4-9b8c-445f-944e-882f6bdd183e
  3. Login pin not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login pin not working: Login pin not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-not-working/f98ca5a4-9b8c-445f-944e-882f6bdd183e
  4. Login pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. PIN Login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Login not working: Trying to log into windows. It is not accepting my PIN number - and it is not giving me an alternative to put in another password. I cannot find a place to change the PIN without being logged into the machine....
  6. PIN Login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Login not working: Trying to log into windows. It is not accepting my PIN number - and it is not giving me an alternative to put in another password. I cannot find a place to change the PIN without being logged into the machine....
  7. PIN Login not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Login PIN not working correctly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login PIN not working correctly: I have set up a PIN to use as a login to my Windows laptop, but it defaults to password each time. When I change sign-in option to PIN, I am taken to "Recovery Mode" and am asked for my security questions. How can I enable use of a PIN instead of a password?...
  9. windows login pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows login pin not working: login problem. disable pin and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-pin-not-working/7e3ecd0d-26fd-46a0-a6bd-15d6aea2c199
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086