Windows 10: Login options not showing on windows 10

Discus and support Login options not showing on windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The login options, pin and biometric, are not showing on the Windows 10 login screen. I have run scf /scannow - no problems found. I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jokullms, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jokullms Win User

Login options not showing on windows 10

The login options, pin and biometric, are not showing on the Windows 10 login screen.

I have run scf /scannow - no problems found.

I have re-installed Windows 10

I have activated Windows Hello several times.

I manage to set-up a pin and fingerprint but the Windows login screen only shows the option to login with my Microsoft account password.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

:)

jokullms, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Login options not showing on windows 10

Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Login options not showing on windows 10

1. Login options not showing on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Login options showing

2. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  3. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  4. Password Login Option Not Showing Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Login Option Not Showing Up: I have an HP Laptop. When logging in, I have previously had three options: Pin, Fingerprint, and Password. Suddenly, the password option no longer is showing. I do not recall my pin and the fingerprint has worn down after years of use and no longer works. My email was set up...
  5. Password Login Option Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Login Option Not Showing Up: I have an HP Laptop. When logging in, I have previously had three options: Pin, Fingerprint, and Password. Suddenly, the password option no longer is showing. I do not recall my pin and the fingerprint has worn down after years of use and no longer works. My email was set up...
  6. Password Login Option Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Login option for windows 11 and 10 before that just not showing on the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login option for windows 11 and 10 before that just not showing on the lockscreen: So I'm using both a PC and a laptop HP zbook with the same windows account. On my pc, I could easily setup a PIN and use that to login from the lockscreen. However, on my laptop it just doesn't work first on Windows 10, now the same on Windows 11. In settings > accounts >...
  8. Windows 10 Shows 2 Login Options and Need to Delete One

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Shows 2 Login Options and Need to Delete One: I'm sure that I did this somehow. The Opening Windows 10 Screen shows my Name, and below it says "The User Name is Incorrect. Try Again. There is an OK button. When I select the button, My Name again shows just over the login boxes, and the first box has a wrong User ID block...
  9. Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option: I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC computer to be used as an offline device. The device is set up with two local accounts on it - the super user and the normal user. I need to have fast user switching disabled and I want to set it up so that users must type in the...
  10. Windows 10 Sign-in Option Not Showing On login In Screen.

Windows 10 Sign-in Option Not Showing On login In Screen.: Hello, I was resetting my computer and with that, I added a pin to make it faster for me to sign in, but now there is no sign in options button like there was on my old build. Its not something I am worried about its just I want to know why....