Windows 10: Login Password changed to microsoft account password

Discus and support Login Password changed to microsoft account password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JoshChi, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JoshChi Win User

Login Password changed to microsoft account password

I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account password not my local password that I have been using for 3 years. I know caps lock or num lock was not on. I just want to use my local password and not my microsoft account password. I dont want to change my microsoft account password to get it back to my old original local password. Why did it change just from going to sleep?

:)

JoshChi, Dec 2, 2018

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 2, 2018
  3. warc1 Win User
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I change the PC passwords?

I tried doing it through Settings/Accounts/Manage My Microsoft Account/ on my desktop but that forced me to change my Hotmail password again. Now my desktop and Hotmail password are synced, but the laptop and Surface still use the old Hotmail password.

warc1, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Login Password changed to microsoft account password

1. Login Password changed to microsoft account password - Similar Threads - Login Password changed

2. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  3. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  4. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  6. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  7. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?: Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went...
  8. Microsoft account login password error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account login password error: I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my correct password at the first stage, it always claims my password is incorrect at the next stage when it prompts me to enter my...
  9. Changing Password for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password for Microsoft account: I want to change my Microsoft account password and have been given a code to do so. However, when I go to sign in options in settings, I am repeatedly told something went wrong and to try again later. Later never comes, of course 74117
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account password same as login password

2. windows lockscreen password changed to microsoft account password