Windows 10: Login password demand by microsoft

Discus and support Login password demand by microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have disabled the password requirement to boot my laptop as I am the only person to use it and would like a speedy boot up. Yet Microsoft demands a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdyBEF, Jul 28, 2020.

1. AdyBEF Win User

Login password demand by microsoft

I have disabled the password requirement to boot my laptop as I am the only person to use it and would like a speedy boot up. Yet Microsoft demands a password to be entered every time I boot up. I don't necessarily want to delete my microsoft account but I don't want to HAVE to sign in to microsft every time I want to use my own laptop.

Is it possible to stop this demand please?

:)

AdyBEF, Jul 28, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Login password demand by microsoft - Similar Threads - Login password demand

2. Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands: Today, I went into my computer and it said I had no internet. My ISP and modem was fine. So, I restarted my computer. During that restart, I got an ask from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows. I declined, logged in and there was my internet connection. This happens often and I'm...
  3. Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands: Today, I went into my computer and it said I had no internet. My ISP and modem was fine. So, I restarted my computer. During that restart, I got an ask from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows. I declined, logged in and there was my internet connection. This happens often and I'm...
  4. Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Startup issue demanding password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup issue demanding password: I suddenly got an error in my laptop, I tried restarting it and when the restart began, it showed diagnosing pc, before I restarted my laptop I ran a restore point because I thought something is going on in my laptop, I tried to click the command prompt to fix the error, I...
  6. Windows Startup issue demanding password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup issue demanding password: I suddenly got an error in my laptop, I tried restarting it and when the restart began, it showed diagnosing pc, before I restarted my laptop I ran a restore point because I thought something is going on in my laptop, I tried to click the command prompt to fix the error, I...
  7. Windows Startup issue demanding password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft account login password error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account login password error: I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my correct password at the first stage, it always claims my password is incorrect at the next stage when it prompts me to enter my...
  9. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  10. PIN added but demands password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN added but demands password: I added a PIN to my Microsoft account. If the machine goes to screensaver from inactivity, then the PIN will unlock it (if connected to the internet). If I am offline though, or it wakes from sleep/reboots, then the PIN will give me the dialogue "You are offline. Please...