Windows 10: login password error

Discus and support login password error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i was trying to install a program, to which i kept getting you have not got the right privileges. my account has got admin rites and is the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vermin8tor, Jun 30, 2019.

1. login password error

i was trying to install a program, to which i kept getting you have not got the right privileges.

my account has got admin rites and is the only account on my pc

setup local account, removed my account rebooted and set it back up. still need rites that i have already to complete installation.

started msconfig and booted to safe mode.

password needed. input password and i get the password isn't correct.

i am currently using a clean install with the same account details to login and have no problem. however i cant get into my main OS using the same details.

is there any way i can fix this?

thanks

:)

vermin8tor, Jun 30, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 30, 2019
  4. login password error

Cannot login with new Password Windows10

Hello,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

• Do you receive any error message?

I would suggest you to reset Microsoft account password and then try to login.

Refer:

Reset your password

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

login password error

1. login password error - Similar Threads - login password error

2. Login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login password: Hi,I've unchecked the ask for password checkbox on Netplwiz but my pc has started asking for a password again for no apparent reason, I've checked and the Netplwiz was still unchecked, I checked it so that next time i logged in I would need a password, then went and...
  3. login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  4. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  5. login password

login password: how do I change login password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/235e3c62-4d2c-42b6-aa52-421eb38c059d"
  6. login password

login password: My login for my computer contains both letters and numbers. Suddenly, last week, I could only type numbers, the letters didn't register, The numbers show up as dots, as usual, but nothing shows when I enter the letters. I can still log in to my desktop. At first, I typed...
  7. Microsoft account login password error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account login password error: I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my correct password at the first stage, it always claims my password is incorrect at the next stage when it prompts me to enter my...
  8. login password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login password: I reset my Acer lap top inorder to give it to my grandaughter. I used a simple login 0000 which she could change. That login does not work. HELP !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/3300a0d8-6069-4e8a-953a-3aa17280140f
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...