Windows 10: login password into windows changed for no reason?

Discus and support login password into windows changed for no reason? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i have windows 10 home edition. This morning, i tried to login into my computer windows login to desktop and it said the password was wrong not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rickyfitzgerald, Oct 27, 2020.

1. login password into windows changed for no reason?

Hello, i have windows 10 home edition. This morning, i tried to login into my computer windows login to desktop and it said the password was wrong not the pin password. So i proceeded to click on the "forgot password?" link on the login screen and it prompted me to change it via a code to my email . everything changed fine and i can login in now, but i am confused why it changed on its own as i was on the computer last night and used the password to get in. i tried to change it to the password that was used, and it said " cannot use old password ". so i changed it to a different one whiched worked. Does anyone here have any idea other than being hacked per' se how it changed on its own? i am really at a lost for how it got changed.

:)

rickyfitzgerald, Oct 27, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Changing password did not change Windows login password, only email password

I discovered my brother had found out my password for my Windows 10 PC. I went to change it in settings>Accounts>Sign in options>change password. doing this Changed my password for my Microsoft account, but did not change the Windows log in password, which
    is what I wanted to change.

my Microsoft account is tied to my Windows login account, I cannot find any other option to change the Windows login password, only the one I listed before.

Armouredfalcon, Oct 27, 2020
  4. login password into windows changed for no reason?

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

login password into windows changed for no reason?

1. login password into windows changed for no reason? - Similar Threads - login password changed

2. Laptop login password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop login password change: Hello, I have been trying for ninety minutes to change my password. I have changed my windows account password four times in the process. I do not want to change my windows account password, I want to change the key I use to log in to my computer. It is not a local account....
  3. My login information changed for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    My login information changed for no reason: I have multiple computers in my home. We have our own MS login and accounts. Today I log into my desktop and my husband's information is on there. His log in information. His background picture and colors. They took over my computer. I went to settings and saw his name and...
  4. Cannot login or change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login or change password: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a new PC - a laptop - it will eventually replace my Desktop machine. Both run windows 10. At the moment I am still using the desktop PC some of the time. Today, when I try to login to my user account on the desktop, the password is refused....
  5. Unable to change Windows login password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows login password.: I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver. 1. I click the start menu button, 2. I click the settings icon button, 3. In the Windows settings window I click the accounts not actually an icon, 4. I cannot find where...
  6. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?: Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went...
  7. Change of login password in windows 10

Change of login password in windows 10: Hi, I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but all that does is change the Microsoft Account Password. I need to change the password I use to log in to the PC daily and not...
  8. Windows 10 Login Password Change

Windows 10 Login Password Change: I have changed my email password which i thought would have synced with my windows10 login. How do I get them to be the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-login-password-change/e7a8490d-40f3-416b-90d4-8bf88679235c"
  9. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  10. Can't login to change password in windows?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login to change password in windows?: I changed my microsoft email which also changes my login name/email in windows. Now everything seemed to update to my new email on win10 but when I go to change password in setting>accounts>sign in options it still shows my old email and says this service isn't working try...