Windows 10: Login password not working

Discus and support Login password not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Two days ago I was going into safe mode.Something happened and the PC restarted. It got as far as the login screen. I entered my password and it didn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by robert paul, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Login password not working

Two days ago I was going into safe mode.Something happened and the PC restarted. It got as far as the login screen. I entered my password and it didn't work.The PC is 7 months old and has had the same password the entire time. I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice. Dell wants to charge me $179 for a warranty that covers software. Apparently their new policy is the warranty that comes with the machine covers hardware only. Win 10 dell inspiron desktop up to date. Dual in line memory module 8GB, 2666, 1RX8, 8G, DDR4. One TB HDD.Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 8 and 9 Generation Intel Core processors.

:)

robert paul, Jun 22, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Login password not working

Windows 10 insider preview login password not working.

Hi Pnkfender,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Instead of the user login password, are you able to use either the face recognition login or the PIN login?
    3. Is the PC connected to a Domain Network?
    4. Do you have any other user account on the PC?

Suggest you to refer to the steps one by one from this article to check if that makes any difference.

Unplug all external devices connected to the computer, shut down the computer completely and wait for 3 minutes. After this restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

If you remember your password but it isn’t working, make sure that Caps Lock is turned off and that your email address is spelled correctly. You may also want to check if the NUM lock is on or off before typing the password.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account’.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Login password not working

1. Login password not working - Similar Threads - Login password working

2. login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  3. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  4. Gateway Login password not working

Gateway Login password not working: I have had this Gateway computer for a long time and have logged in with the same password forever. I have run the windows update on the laptop and have not changed anything else but today I was not able to use my password so I tried to reset password and it requested a usb...
  5. login password

login password: how do I change login password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/235e3c62-4d2c-42b6-aa52-421eb38c059d"
  6. Password not working - how to login with Pin

Password not working - how to login with Pin: After my PC failed to update to latest version of Win10 my PC now requires that I log in with a Password vs. a Pin. I've used PIN so long that I've forgotten my Password. At the login screen I see not way to enter the PIN. I also don't have a Microsoft Account set up on...
  7. Login password not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Login password not working: Two days ago I was going into safe mode.Something happened and the PC restarted. It got as far as the login screen. I entered my password and it didn't work.The PC is 7 months old and has had the same password the entire time. I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice. Dell...
  8. login password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login password: I reset my Acer lap top inorder to give it to my grandaughter. I used a simple login 0000 which she could change. That login does not work. HELP !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/3300a0d8-6069-4e8a-953a-3aa17280140f
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...