Windows 10: Login password required after power saving shut off, why?

Discus and support Login password required after power saving shut off, why? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Whilst using netplwiz I have disabled password requirement. (disabled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer) This works fine at... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tfwul, Nov 12, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

Login password required after power saving shut off, why?

Whilst using netplwiz I have disabled password requirement.
    (disabled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer)
    This works fine at booting, or restarting.
    After a 'power saving-shut off' (probably a sign off?) and reactivating the laptop, I need to enter the password again.

How to solve that?

It is a laptop.
    Maybe it has something to do with 'Sleep'?

Login password required after power saving shut off, why? [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Nov 12, 2018

2. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Login password required after power saving shut off, why?

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Login password required after power saving shut off, why?

1. Login password required after power saving shut off, why? - Similar Threads - Login password required

2. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  3. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?: Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10. Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch notebook (laptop)....
  4. Windows 10 restart requires a power on password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 restart requires a power on password: I just updated my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Under Windows 7 I could issue a restart while in Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and it would restart WITHOUT asking for the power on password. So I could easily wait a few minutes and login again using RDC. Now with...
  5. screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin

screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin: Every time I turn around, my screen goes black and I have to enter my pin number to continue work. My power settings: Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shuts-off-in-seconds-requiring-pin/1702f64a-a94b-4385-998e-d8e6c95bc2f9
  6. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...
  7. Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10: W 10 the screen is set to go blank after 30mins. It becomes re-active by hitting "any" key. i.e.the desktop appears and operations can resume However this morning I had to enter a password to activate the screen to get back to the desktop. This is a first. Can someone advise...
  8. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Password Required after sleep

Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...