Windows 10: login password

Discus and support login password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I reset my Acer lap top inorder to give it to my grandaughter. I used a simple login 0000 which she could change. That login does not work. HELP !!!... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PeterHowarth1, Nov 7, 2018.

1. login password

I reset my Acer lap top inorder to give it to my grandaughter. I used a simple login 0000 which she could change. That login does not work. HELP !!!

:)

PeterHowarth1, Nov 7, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 7, 2018
  4. login password

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

login password

1. login password - Similar Threads - login password

2. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  3. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  4. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...: My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password password either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-login-shows-something-happen-to-my-pin-isnt/af0da9ec-a993-45cd-81c4-d955eabfbaa6
  6. My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...: My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password password either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-login-shows-something-happen-to-my-pin-isnt/af0da9ec-a993-45cd-81c4-d955eabfbaa6
  7. My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...

8. My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...: Mentioned above is my current predicament. I can't access my laptop because of the black screen, and when on advanced recovery when I try to recover my laptop, my passwords for my accounts do not work. When I click the I have forgotten my password, it only says to login on...
  9. My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...

My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...: Mentioned above is my current predicament. I can't access my laptop because of the black screen, and when on advanced recovery when I try to recover my laptop, my passwords for my accounts do not work. When I click the I have forgotten my password, it only says to login on...
  10. My laptop is giving a black screen before login, but my passwords don't work when I want to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging