Windows 10: Login PIN reset itself somehow. Had to enter a new PIN but it requires 6 characters now....

Discus and support Login PIN reset itself somehow. Had to enter a new PIN but it requires 6 characters now.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is the activated Home version of Windows 10. I have tried going into the registry but the Max and Min PIN length settings are not there. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/monkeyfeet69, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Login PIN reset itself somehow. Had to enter a new PIN but it requires 6 characters now....

This is the activated Home version of Windows 10. I have tried going into the registry but the Max and Min PIN length settings are not there. I don't know what else to do I don't even know why I was prompted to change the PIN in the first place. Anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/monkeyfeet69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/monkeyfeet69, Mar 17, 2020

2. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Mar 17, 2020
  3. nic-- Win User
    PIN is required to login

I used to login windows with my fingerprint.

But now it required to login with my PIN and I forgot my PIN (even didn't remember that I set a PIN or not)

I check on "forget PIN" but no response.

I scan fingerprint and it required my PIN....

How can I login with my fingerprint only?

nic--, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Login PIN reset itself somehow. Had to enter a new PIN but it requires 6 characters now....

Reset win10 login pin

Is it possible to reset the windows 10 login pin if you've forgotten what it was?

I managed to get it changed (after *much* trial and error), but it appears to require the old pin to change the pin -- even if you know the password. That's just weird. You should be able to reset the pin at any time if you have the full password.

shawnkhall, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Login PIN reset itself somehow. Had to enter a new PIN but it requires 6 characters now....

1. Login PIN reset itself somehow. Had to enter a new PIN but it requires 6 characters now.... - Similar Threads - Login PIN reset

2. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  3. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  4. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  6. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  7. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

8. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits: My sign on pin has always been the same on my Windows 10 Pro computer. A couple of days ago, Windows randomly forced me to change it and would not accept anything less than 6 digits. I checked the group policies and there is nothing in there that shows that it is required to...
  9. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits: My sign on pin has always been the same on my Windows 10 Pro computer. A couple of days ago, Windows randomly forced me to change it and would not accept anything less than 6 digits. I checked the group policies and there is nothing in there that shows that it is required to...
  10. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits