Windows 10: Login prefilling p's

Discus and support Login prefilling p's in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm using my deceased husband's laptop which I have had no problem with for 2.5 years. The last time I signed out it wouldn't shutdown. It just kept... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarilynWhite1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Login prefilling p's

I'm using my deceased husband's laptop which I have had no problem with for 2.5 years. The last time I signed out it wouldn't shutdown. It just kept saying shutting down. I did hard reboots several times. I finally after many variations of manipulation got back to the login screen but the password field prefills with p's. I cannot get it to stop prefilling to put the password in. I tried to reset the password but after several steps it asked about recent emails and their subjects. No emails have been sent from this computer in 2.5 years. So I couldn't go that route. Any help is appreciated.

:)

MarilynWhite1, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Login prefilling p's :p

cadaveca, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Login prefilling p's

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Login prefilling p's

1. Login prefilling p's - Similar Threads - Login prefilling p's

2. Prefilled email address on login.microsoftonline.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prefilled email address on login.microsoftonline.com: We have to log in to SSO using login.microsoftonline.com. Some users have the prefilled email address on the Sign-in panel. However, some other users have to enter their email addresses the first time of the day.Can any setting be changed to have the prefilled on that field...
  3. Prefilled email address on login.microsoftonline.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prefilled email address on login.microsoftonline.com: We have to log in to SSO using login.microsoftonline.com. Some users have the prefilled email address on the Sign-in panel. However, some other users have to enter their email addresses the first time of the day.Can any setting be changed to have the prefilled on that field...
  4. Prefilled email address on login.microsoftonline.com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Login key shortcut Windows + P option menu is gone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login key shortcut Windows + P option menu is gone Windows 11: Previously I could press "Windows + p" And get the option menu to switch between displays. Now it's not there unless I login first. Anyone know how to fix this so I can use it like before. I think at some point in time a windows update changed this. I assumed it would get...
  6. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG...
  7. Lost login code Win 10 H/P

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost login code Win 10 H/P: My grandson lost the log in code for his new computer. His father was going nuts. LOL. I tried a program called pcunlocker. Did not have any luck with that. The computer does not have a disk drive. Tried putting the program off a USB stick but didn't have any luck with that....
  8. Lost login code Win 10 H/P

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost login code Win 10 H/P: My grandson lost the log in code for his new computer. His father was going nuts. LOL. I tried a program called pcunlocker. Did not have any luck with that. The computer does not have a disk drive. Tried putting the program off a USB stick but didn't have any luck with that....
  9. P@P Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P@P Networking: I have been trying to set up a P2P network for a local area network so that files can be shared internally through Ethernet connections. When I completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I lost all of my network settings. Please help. I cannot scan or share...
  10. Resetting login p/w:

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting login p/w:: Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-login-pw/f1c0dae4-dc22-4310-b372-7fb6a7e0b953