Windows 10: Login problem - unable to select another user

Discus and support Login problem - unable to select another user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I discovered a problem with login - only one user always comes up to login and no other user is displayed new or existing. I have tried many things... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by IvanS.777, Jul 17, 2020.

1. IvanS.777 Win User

Login problem - unable to select another user

I discovered a problem with login - only one user always comes up to login and no other user is displayed new or existing.

I have tried many things and unable to figure it out.

One suggestion was based on using lusrmgr but on my pc it get an error saying this may not be used with my win 10 version.

:)

IvanS.777, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Login problems

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to sign-in into Hotmail, Gmail and Skype accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Have you tried to login with different user accounts on the same computer?
    • What is the error code/ error message that you receive while trying to login?

I suggest you to refer to the below article and see if it helps.

Outlook.com account help

Hope it helps.

kindly perform the troubleshooting steps and update us the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Unable to see other User Accounts on login in Windows 8.1

The problem here is that the Guest mode only shows, and according to the site policies that Bill has stated, we have to assume that it is the only account on the computer.

Please follow Bill's steps. By the way, if you are unable to do Bill's steps, and just want to use the physical device itself, you could just replace the hard drive with another one that has another OS in it.

Amol S., Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Login problem - unable to select another user - Similar Threads - Login problem unable

2. Windows MCT Unable to Select Another Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows MCT Unable to Select Another Drive: I've seen several posts on this subject dating several years back now and have yet to see an actual solution to this issue.I'm trying to download Windows 10 to a USB drive for another computer. Every time I try to run the tool, I get the error that I don't have enough space...
  3. Windows MCT Unable to Select Another Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows MCT Unable to Select Another Drive: I've seen several posts on this subject dating several years back now and have yet to see an actual solution to this issue.I'm trying to download Windows 10 to a USB drive for another computer. Every time I try to run the tool, I get the error that I don't have enough space...
  4. Windows MCT Unable to Select Another Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. annoying another language login problem

in Windows 10 Support
    annoying another language login problem: i have installed urdu language package on my win10 laptop whenever i try to login the default language is set to urdu and i have to change it to english for login to procceed the same thing happens when i open chrome, the language changes from english to urdu by itself and i...
  6. Another Win10 login problem solved

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another Win10 login problem solved: my system has 2 accounts, mine and my daughter today when i try to login to my daughter account after locking my account, windows was stuck at welcome screen for 30 minutes so i power the system off and then again try to login to my daughter again the welcome screen was...
  7. Auto Login from User Selection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login from User Selection: Hi I have 5 users setup on my Windows 10 machine. All have a PIN and are required to log in using this. I shutdown my machine each day Power -> Shutdown. But when I start up my machine and it sits at the lock screen. It will Play the last YouTube video or NetFlix preview...
  8. Unable to Select Login using Space Key

Unable to Select Login using Space Key: when switched on ......normally double tap space bar to get to pin number screen, this is not working, i have to click a microsoft tile to open ?? [Original Title: log in]...
  9. Another user appeared on login screen

Another user appeared on login screen: Well, I have this problem... I had configured from netplwiz to not have to put password to start the session since I am the only one who uses the pc and I think it can not be deactivated if one has the microsoft account linked to the user of Windows. Then one day a new...
  10. Multi user login problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multi user login problems: I have recently switched from a MacBook to Dell Windows 10 laptop and am having some unexpected problems with multiple user logins. The problem: when logging back in to the laptop after a reasonable period of inactivity and more than one user is logged in, the trackpad is...