Windows 10: Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off

Discus and support Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My sons laptop MSI GS65 Stealth Thin with Windows 11 but was also happening when still Windows 10 doesn’t let him login with the PIN after the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Viipottaja2, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off

My sons laptop MSI GS65 Stealth Thin with Windows 11 but was also happening when still Windows 10 doesn’t let him login with the PIN after the laptop has run out of battery.The error message says “This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again.” No other sign in options are available. After a two hour wait the login works again but obviously that is not a viable option every time.What to do?Ps. His brother has the same kind of laptop and Windows

:)

Viipottaja2, Aug 20, 2022

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Aug 20, 2022
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 20, 2022
  4. Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 20, 2022
Thema:

Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off

1. Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off - Similar Threads - Login problems laptop

2. Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop that came preinstalled with windows 11. Windows is entirely up to date. I've noticed ever since I bought the laptop; my laptop tends to be dead every time I try to use it. Before, I looked at battery usage, and nothing ever showed up with...
  3. Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop that came preinstalled with windows 11. Windows is entirely up to date. I've noticed ever since I bought the laptop; my laptop tends to be dead every time I try to use it. Before, I looked at battery usage, and nothing ever showed up with...
  4. Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login problems Windows 11 after laptop battery has died and powered off: My sons laptop MSI GS65 Stealth Thin with Windows 11 but was also happening when still Windows 10 doesn’t let him login with the PIN after the laptop has run out of battery.The error message says “This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated...
  5. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  6. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  7. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Laptop was power off .via battery low during a reset then problems happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop was power off .via battery low during a reset then problems happens: My laptop turns off during a factory reset, then laptop starts turning on and off etc., the acer logo dissapears, loading screen dissapears, etc. What should I do...
  9. Laptop Battery died at 20%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Battery died at 20%: I've had the laptop for maybe 9 months. Today i had 20% battery life left and when it popped up that the battery was low and in battery saver mode, it then immediately went to 0% and shut off, why would it do this? how can i fix it or keep it from happening again?...
  10. Laptop dies without power supply even tho battery says it has charge

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop dies without power supply even tho battery says it has charge: [img] My laptop (HP 15 Notebook PC) won't boot unless it is plugged in even though the battery apparently has charge. (It won't charge past 73% also?) If I unplug the power supply it will die instantly. This started happening yesterday after I installed the latest windows 10...