Windows 10: Login problems

Discus and support Login problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having to use my laptop to try and solve my wife’s login problems, we both normally login without passwords, that’s how we both prefer it. Lately... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pete39, Jun 20, 2018.

1. pete39 Win User

Login problems

I am having to use my laptop to try and solve my wife’s login problems, we both normally login without passwords, that’s how we both prefer it.
    Lately however when she logged in she sometimes had to put in a password and sometimes not. This may be due to the surprising discovery that my wife’s now had 2 accounts on her laptop, an Administrator and hers, this may be due to the recent big Windows 10 update.

I deleted the administrator account thus leaving my wife’s account, the aim being to have one just one account with her as the Administrator as usual.
    Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out that way and now she can’t login at all.
    At the login screen there are two accounts, the Administrator and wife’s. Both accounts cannot be logged into.
    My wife’s account continually comes up with password incorrect despite getting a new password by using my laptop.
    The Administrator account is the same, password incorrect but it then shows account disabled.
    I have been going round in circles and getting nowhere with Microsoft support, if only they would read all of the message in the first place, before passing it on to someone else who then passes it to someone else again.
    Any ideas please how to resolve this login problem?

:)

pete39, Jun 20, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 20, 2018
  3. MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jun 20, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Login problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Login problems

1. Login problems - Similar Threads - Login problems

2. Bottom of screen is not working properly. Problem not seen at login screen or when screenshot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom of screen is not working properly. Problem not seen at login screen or when screenshot.: Hello!I´ve recently experienced issues with the bottom part of my screen as seen with the attached picture. I don´t see this at the login screen and also when I try to screenshot it the image I get is OK too. Had to take a picture with my phone to show the issue. Sometimes it...
  3. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  4. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  5. window microsoft login problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window microsoft login problem: there is problem after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-microsoft-login-problem/c3f1e3e7-4641-46b4-8cf6-e53c51f81357
  6. window microsoft login problem

window microsoft login problem: there is problem after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-microsoft-login-problem/c3f1e3e7-4641-46b4-8cf6-e53c51f81357
  7. login problem in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login problem in one drive: when i am trying to sin=gn in one drive why otp not recieve i try 100 times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problem-in-one-drive/6e4971c9-8d9e-40a4-85f3-83ca8907f421
  8. login problem in one drive

login problem in one drive: when i am trying to sin=gn in one drive why otp not recieve i try 100 times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problem-in-one-drive/6e4971c9-8d9e-40a4-85f3-83ca8907f421
  9. Windows 11 Pro Login Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Login Problems: It appears that I am encountering a login issue with my Windows 11 Pro desktop edition. Despite entering the correct password consistently for almost a month, today it is indicating that the password is incorrect. Additionally, I am unable to access safe mode. Attempts to...
  10. Windows 11 Pro Login Problems

Windows 11 Pro Login Problems: It appears that I am encountering a login issue with my Windows 11 Pro desktop edition. Despite entering the correct password consistently for almost a month, today it is indicating that the password is incorrect. Additionally, I am unable to access safe mode. Attempts to...