Windows 10: Login prompt with several users

Discus and support Login prompt with several users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gallicbear, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Login prompt with several users

Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would not have a prompt either. So that defeats the purpose. What else can be done? Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

gallicbear, Mar 2, 2019
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Mar 2, 2019
  3. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Login prompt with several users

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Login prompt with several users

1. Login prompt with several users - Similar Threads - Login prompt several

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. Login prompt not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login prompt not showing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kbkEMzPdZUztUEVCzZ0IJUH0QeEWSuxY/view?usp=drivesdkThis is the video link of my problem it's 24 seconds long, please watch it and suggest me some solutions * Original title: Help me...
  5. Strange login prompt

Strange login prompt: Since the most recent update end of Aug 2021? my PC asks me for a PIN or password every time I power up. This used to not happen. I've tried to disable this feature and can't. Before asking me to sign in, it says something bizarre like "We're sorry but you cannot be connected...
  6. No login prompt

No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  7. Login with several users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login with several users: Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would...
  8. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  9. Endless login prompt

Endless login prompt: Hey there, Just recentely I encountered this very strange issue. My windows is stuck at the log-in prompt. After typing my password I see the animation plays (the little circle), a black screen and then I'm back again at the log-in prompt. No error or anything. The...
  10. login to several computers using the same user

login to several computers using the same user: I often need to login to several win 10 computers at the same time using the same admin user account There is a way to do that, maybe running a script or command automatically? It will save me a lot of time. Thanks 97828