Windows 10: Login refused unless network disconnected

Discus and support Login refused unless network disconnected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When logging in Windows says the password is incorrect, but it isn't. The only way I can login is if I disconnet the ethernet, then the same password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Race Dowling, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Login refused unless network disconnected

When logging in Windows says the password is incorrect, but it isn't. The only way I can login is if I disconnet the ethernet, then the same password works. What is going on and how can I prevent this from happening?

:)

Race Dowling, Oct 3, 2022

2. I'm online from my wifi laptop but can't connect to my home network

Nope, I've tried all the steps of all the fixes listed by Dalchina and Try3 but the problem still exists. The W10 laptop refuses to access my main W7 pc (named CG16) on my home network, although it can 'see' it, ie, it shows CG16 in the network list.
    The only thing I haven't tried is Dalchina's suggestion about creating a shortcut, mainly because I'm not sure where this shortcut is supposed to be. I'm assuming it has to be on the W10 laptop but I don't understand how it could work. More info please, Dalchina, if you'd be so kind.

Daymin, sorry: I have no idea what you're trying to say.

teckneeculler, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Network Disconnects in standby

Hmmm i've tried that it didn't seem to work still disconnected the network =\ and yeah im on xp

Adeel_ssj4, Oct 3, 2022
  4. MrMan Win User

Login refused unless network disconnected

Frequent disconnects from network

HI,

firstly many thanks for taking the time to reply. I have done as suggested and performed a clean boot. After the computer restated the network was working for about a couple of minutes before disappearing. I'm not sure what the next step should be as it would seem that none of the non-essential services is causing the problem.

MrMan, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Login refused unless network disconnected

1. Login refused unless network disconnected - Similar Threads - Login refused unless

2. Outlook is refusing to login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outlook is refusing to login: Hi Support team,I have a laptop with Windows 10 64 bits, the laptop is domain joined and the user logs in with his credentials. We tried to connect his email on outlook without success, but he can connect his account when he is logged in with local admin account of the...
  3. Outlook is refusing to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook is refusing to login: Hi Support team,I have a laptop with Windows 10 64 bits, the laptop is domain joined and the user logs in with his credentials. We tried to connect his email on outlook without success, but he can connect his account when he is logged in with local admin account of the...
  4. Outlook is refusing to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login refused unless network disconnected

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login refused unless network disconnected: When logging in Windows says the password is incorrect, but it isn't. The only way I can login is if I disconnet the ethernet, then the same password works. What is going on and how can I prevent this from happening?...
  6. Login refused unless network disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login refused unless network disconnected: When logging in Windows says the password is incorrect, but it isn't. The only way I can login is if I disconnet the ethernet, then the same password works. What is going on and how can I prevent this from happening?...
  7. network disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network disconnect: My network disconnect while on game. Sometimes I need to restart to properly reconnect itself. It will not stay connected unless I stop playing. Is this an ongoing issue? This is a desktop computer and im connected via wired....
  8. Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode: HiWe just updated my sons pc with new case & motherboard. The former was a HP Omen and now its custom parts. Now when booting up there is no network indicated on the login screen, Windows says something happened and your pin is not available. Password isn't valid and it nor...
  9. My Computer will disconnect and refuse to recognize any Networks untill it is restarted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer will disconnect and refuse to recognize any Networks untill it is restarted.: I have been having some issues with my Bluetooth not being able to turn on or off for a couple of weeks. I finally broke down and reinstalled windows on my computer to fix this. This did fix that problem; however, it created a new problem where my computer will decide it does...
  10. Network Connections Refused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connections Refused: Testing 2 PC's with 10 on a network of 24 users. Both machines were running 7 and updated prior to the upgrade. Both have reset network connections to some strange IPV6 setting including ## signs, wiping out the IPV4 settings. Now they wont allow IPV4 settings at all. Ive...