Windows 10: Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

Discus and support Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; logged into laptop yesterday today I got a blue screen after using pin saying just a minute, then had me ( not sure of order ) use password to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BarrySorkin, Mar 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM.

1. Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

logged into laptop yesterday

today

I got a blue screen after using pin saying just a minute, then had me ( not sure of order ) use password to sign in , asked for security code and gave ways to get it like text or e-mail

accepted, got code via e-mail from

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

and entered code., then followed steps which at times required Microsoft password & reset & or confirm pin and goit notice once done if used often wont be asked this again/ then entered pin and all worked

I never got this in 3 years though did get same blue screen once but after saying just a minute it eventually logged me in,this time want verification as noted above

DID I DO RIGHT

Thanks

:)

2. Laptop adapter died

Typically the power circuitry in the laptop will have voltage regulators that will step down the voltage anyway to the required internal voltage. Most can take some slop

Beertintedgoggles, Mar 15, 2019 at 8:51 AM
  3. Extra Login on Windows 10

Hi Nick,

• Have you done any recent update or upgrade before the issue started to happen? Just Windows updates.

• Are you the only one using your computer? Yes.

• Do you remember changing any settings prior to this issue? No.

• Have you installed any applications or program before this happened? No.

• Do you recognize the other account as one of your household member? Yes, it is mine.

• What steps have you taken to login to your computer? Login as the other login showing.

As an FYI: I went to Systems > Accounts > Family & Other People and found an extra login there, under my name. I have deleted it yet as I wasn't sure if it was safe to delete because it says Administrator.

4. Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

Thema:

Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

1. Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a... - Similar Threads - Login required extra

2. How many Extra OneDrives can I have on a Computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many Extra OneDrives can I have on a Computer?: I'm building a lot of APPS so I'll need the extra space. I'm on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-extra-onedrives-can-i-have-on-a-computer/4f4d93e5-1f39-4964-a653-78bada42bd5d"
  3. Can't login normally on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login normally on my laptop: When I on my Lenovo ideapad 320 window 10 laptop it goes through automatic repair until a blue screen appear saying "automatic repair couldn't repair your pc". I then try reset the laptop but wouldn't work. I went on YouTube to see if there was any video to resolve...
  4. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %: I have never had an issue up until today. When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage unless I click enter twice. Not a huge deal but it wasn't always like that. What could have changed? For example normally...
  5. Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling: I updated my Windows 10 laptop last night and now when I'm scrolling anywhere, if I don't give an extra click on the scroll bar it won't stop scrolling. Additionally, in Photoshop when I'm using brushes or erasing, it won't stop erasing until I click with the mouse button....
  6. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...
  7. How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login: Thought it would be simple to find something like "do not require a password for log in". But I cant. Looked in settings under....lockscreen. Right now when I first start, I get my windows 'picture', and it says my password was incorrect, try again, even though it just came...
  8. How do i get rid of these extra "Password" logins?

How do i get rid of these extra "Password" logins?: This is my home computer. I just upgraded to Windows 10 (Home). At my login screen I see all my family's login names (as I should) but I also see 6 logins labeled "Password". It seems that each "Password" login is associated with an individual user. So if I select one of...
  9. Laptop won't let me login

Laptop won't let me login: When I restarted my laptop and typed in my password, it said that the password was incorrect. But I know it was right. That time I couldn't connect the internet too. I need help logging in to my laptop. Please help me find a way to login. 35379
  10. Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?: I installed this week's cumulative update today and all was fine. I then used the TAKEOWN command on the windows.old folder left over from the Anniversary Update I did a while ago to remove one residual file (which is already in the main windows folder). I couldn't delete it...