Windows 10: Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

Discus and support Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; logged into laptop yesterday today I got a blue screen after using pin saying just a minute, then had me ( not sure of order ) use password to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BarrySorkin, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

logged into laptop yesterday

today

I got a blue screen after using pin saying just a minute, then had me ( not sure of order ) use password to sign in , asked for security code and gave ways to get it like text or e-mail

accepted, got code via e-mail from

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

and entered code., then followed steps which at times required Microsoft password & reset & or confirm pin and goit notice once done if used often wont be asked this again/ then entered pin and all worked

I never got this in 3 years though did get same blue screen once but after saying just a minute it eventually logged me in,this time want verification as noted above

DID I DO RIGHT

Thanks

:)

BarrySorkin, Mar 15, 2019

2. Laptop adapter died

Typically the power circuitry in the laptop will have voltage regulators that will step down the voltage anyway to the required internal voltage. Most can take some slop

Beertintedgoggles, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Extra Login on Windows 10

Hi Nick,

• Have you done any recent update or upgrade before the issue started to happen? Just Windows updates.

• Are you the only one using your computer? Yes.

• Do you remember changing any settings prior to this issue? No.

• Have you installed any applications or program before this happened? No.

• Do you recognize the other account as one of your household member? Yes, it is mine.

• What steps have you taken to login to your computer? Login as the other login showing.

As an FYI: I went to Systems > Accounts > Family & Other People and found an extra login there, under my name. I have deleted it yet as I wasn't sure if it was safe to delete because it says Administrator.

Marco265MP, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a...

1. Login required extra steps on laptop didnt have yesterday- is this normal or dis i let in a... - Similar Threads - Login required extra

2. Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?: So for some reason after my cat tried walking across my laptop a few times I noticed all of a sudden my touchpad was working differently.I tried to move the mouse with one finger and it stayed where it was, then went back to reset the mouse settings only to find that now I...
  3. PC will not boot without extra steps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot without extra steps: So.... I purchased a used demo laptop from Walmart. Did the factory reset to make sure all demo loops and customer data was removed. I performed the reset without the laptop being plugged up, and i think it lost power somewhere in the process. Now, it will not boot normally....
  4. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  5. Required Step-by-Step guide to configure Wake on WLan.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Required Step-by-Step guide to configure Wake on WLan.: Hi, I have been attempting to configure WoWLAN for my Dell Optiplex 3030 machine. Please note that, physical location of the machine disables me to keep the machine connected over LAN No RJ45 network available. Therefore, the only option available is Wake on WLAN. I have...
  6. My laptop will not let me login. There is an airplane mode icon which is not normally there...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop will not let me login. There is an airplane mode icon which is not normally there...: My laptop will not let me login. There is an airplane mode icon which is not normally there when i login. And help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-not-let-me-login-there-is-an/d174fe3e-5ae4-4b4f-8881-7679f6257c1d
  7. Can't login normally on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login normally on my laptop: When I on my Lenovo ideapad 320 window 10 laptop it goes through automatic repair until a blue screen appear saying "automatic repair couldn't repair your pc". I then try reset the laptop but wouldn't work. I went on YouTube to see if there was any video to resolve...
  8. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %: I have never had an issue up until today. When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage unless I click enter twice. Not a huge deal but it wasn't always like that. What could have changed? For example normally...
  9. How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login: Thought it would be simple to find something like "do not require a password for log in". But I cant. Looked in settings under....lockscreen. Right now when I first start, I get my windows 'picture', and it says my password was incorrect, try again, even though it just came...
  10. Laptop won't let me login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop won't let me login: When I restarted my laptop and typed in my password, it said that the password was incorrect. But I know it was right. That time I couldn't connect the internet too. I need help logging in to my laptop. Please help me find a way to login. 35379