Windows 10: Login says set-up new password but I cant

Discus and support Login says set-up new password but I cant in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I logged into my laptop and ended up having the black screen of death. I went into task manager and restared file explorer and ran explorer.exe but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tfdasg, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Tfdasg Win User

Login says set-up new password but I cant

I logged into my laptop and ended up having the black screen of death. I went into task manager and restared file explorer and ran explorer.exe but it didnt work. I restarted about 2 more times and did the same thing but it didnt work. I tried resetting windows and wiping everything but it failed, so i tried again 2 more times and it failed. When I restarted the laptop, the login page asked me to set up a new pin. When i tried, it said 'just a moment' and did nothing. I forced shutdown and turned it on again. The same thing happened but now there was a box that asked ne to search for a app i needed. When i clicked yes it asked me to set up my pin again. I did the same thing and it asked to set up my pin again. I tried going into safe mode to see if anything else would happen but its the same thing. I think my windows 10 is corrupted, what do i do to fix it ?

:)

Tfdasg, Mar 28, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 28, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Login says set-up new password but I cant

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Login says set-up new password but I cant

1. Login says set-up new password but I cant - Similar Threads - Login says set

2. Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not: So the issue started the other day when i turned on my pc and logged in normally, then my pc froze and i restarted it. Then i tried to log in with the same password i have used for 2 years and just used and it says its incorrect. I have tried changing the password multiple...
  3. Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not: So the issue started the other day when i turned on my pc and logged in normally, then my pc froze and i restarted it. Then i tried to log in with the same password i have used for 2 years and just used and it says its incorrect. I have tried changing the password multiple...
  4. Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.: Installed windows update, now it shows "set up my pin", nothing happens when I click on it. I use shift+restart to launch recover options. None of the options function without a windows login. It doesn't recognize my password. I've used my phone to reset the Microsoft...
  6. Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.: Installed windows update, now it shows "set up my pin", nothing happens when I click on it. I use shift+restart to launch recover options. None of the options function without a windows login. It doesn't recognize my password. I've used my phone to reset the Microsoft...
  7. I cant find where to set up automatic assigned passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant find where to set up automatic assigned passwords: I can't set up for passwords to be assigned automatically each time something needs a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-find-where-to-set-up-automatic-assigned/c03d2599-563a-4d00-9c19-d6caca18354b
  8. I cant change any of my login settings. It says "Some of these settings are hidden or...

I cant change any of my login settings. It says "Some of these settings are hidden or...: I cant change my logon settings in setting bacause of "some of theses settings are hidden or managed by your oragnization" im using the latest version of windows 10 Home....
  9. Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login to computer with password. Not forgotten password. The one I set up!: After hours of frustration and absolutely no help from the Microsoft folks, I am returning this junk HP laptop with the junk Microsoft 10 system. It’s plagued with glitches. Waste of time and money! So glad I kept the receipt. Word of advice Microsoft, if your are not willing...
  10. I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat

I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat: Okay so I just had my laptop reformatted and upgraded to 64 bit, so my concern is about placing a password again. Every time i set up a password, it asks me about my current password which I have none. if I leave the box blank, it says this field is required.. can anyone help...