Windows 10: Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

Discus and support Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top * Original title: Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by prepaint, Dec 7, 2018.

1. prepaint Win User

Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top

* Original title: Windows 10

:)

prepaint, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Logon screen keeps on appearing after waking up the computer from sleep - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated that you want to stop asking for a password in login screen every time your computer exits in the sleep mode.

Please follow the Steps given below to stop asking for password on each wake up.

• Open Control panel and Select Power Option.

• In the Power Options window, click on
      Require a password on wakeup.

• Click on Change that settings that are currently available.

• Moving on, see the Password protection on wakeup section. Choose the option
      Don’t require a password
    Finally click on save changes and it’s done. This will
    disable login after Sleep in Windows 10. Now-onwards whenever your system get back to wake up, it won’t ask you to enter the credentials and will start from that stage where you leaved it.

NOTE: Please notice that modifying the above option will not make any effects on as usual log in. It will configure the option only for after sleep or
    at wake up condition. In that case, it’s not same thing as this article indicates:

Hope this information helpful. If the issue still persist please reply us back with information in brief so that we can assist you further.

Morris Subba, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

Logon screen keeps on appearing after waking up the computer from sleep - Windows 10

Hi,

This is actually the first thing we tried. The computer comes up with a message saying:

"Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. To change this go to setttings and search for Power and Sleep."

The dropdown box underneath is greyed out, and inactive.

Going to Power and Sleep leads to your first suggestion, which is a dead end.

Regards, Stewart

StewartPeppiatt, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

1. Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this? - Similar Threads - Login screen appears

2. How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.: I’m not new to computers, but I’m having difficulty understanding what’s actually wrong with mine. The settings indicate I should be able to wake up my laptop from sleep by either the mouse or keyboard. Yet nothing works unless I hold down the power button. Which isn’t ideal...
  3. How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.: I’m not new to computers, but I’m having difficulty understanding what’s actually wrong with mine. The settings indicate I should be able to wake up my laptop from sleep by either the mouse or keyboard. Yet nothing works unless I hold down the power button. Which isn’t ideal...
  4. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep: Hello all,I have a newer issue with my computer. I put my computer to sleep whenever I’m done using it. When I boot it back up, I’ll log in, everything will be normal for a second, then the screen will just turn black, it will flash back to my desktop, then I’ll get blue...
  5. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep: Hello all,I have a newer issue with my computer. I put my computer to sleep whenever I’m done using it. When I boot it back up, I’ll log in, everything will be normal for a second, then the screen will just turn black, it will flash back to my desktop, then I’ll get blue...
  6. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up: i dont remember it doing this before. how do i make it just open on the desktop? computer is 7 days old, and has just had updates. thanks 183096
  8. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  9. when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears: when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/57722a26-926f-4565-86d6-44d768896351
  10. How do i disable login screen when i wake up from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i disable login screen when i wake up from sleep: Hi guys When i make windows goto sleep and then i just wake it up and it appears the sign in screen and even thou i didnt set a password for my user account i get to see this screen so it doesnt ask for a password thou all i need to do is click the sign in button. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowwindows password after sleep windows 10 1803s password after sleep windows 10 1803

2. authentification is not required when this pc wakes from sleep but is still required

3. computer sleep wakes to log in screen