Windows 10: Login screen asking for password everytime

Discus and support Login screen asking for password everytime in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ayan4u, Jul 14, 2019.

1. ayan4u Win User

Login screen asking for password everytime

Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account then.
    I have tried the following :
    * netplwiz method
    * Disabling "Require Sign-in" & "use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device.." option in settings.
    * Re-entering correct password in chrome
    None worked! any help?!

Windows version : Latest

:)

ayan4u, Jul 14, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 14, 2019
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jul 14, 2019
  4. marisaPO Win User

Microsoft login asking for Windows password

I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, have done the reset my password routine when I thought perhaps I had forgotten my password, but it turns out I had not forgotten my pw. The snag is that when I go to login, I get through to the step where it asks
    for my current Windows password. So login steps go login MS, MS password, and then Windows password. My Microsoft pw doesn't work. I have no clue what my Windows pw is and there is no option for "forgot my password."

What's up with this? It seems ironic that I'm selecting "ease of access" as a category. How do I get past this?

Marisa

marisaPO, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Login screen asking for password everytime - Similar Threads - Login screen asking

2. Login screen password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen password: i have windows 11 i login in Microsoft account but when I login system at morning so screen lock password fill and that password is same as Microsoft account password so I hope any other default password set in screen lock during Microsoft account logged in windows...
  3. How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a...: How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-security-from-asking-me-for-a/16802176-a35c-4a18-a756-ceeaa42d58a5
  4. How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a...

How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a...: How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-security-from-asking-me-for-a/16802176-a35c-4a18-a756-ceeaa42d58a5
  5. How to stop windows security from asking me for a password everytime I try to login to a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat: I added my outlook account to new Windows 11 laptop. It synchronized with Edge.Then I want to completely unlink my account from the PC.In the UWP setting app I removed it, so there was only local account.However, Edge still had outlook account linked. I removed it, but still,...
  7. Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat

Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat: I added my outlook account to new Windows 11 laptop. It synchronized with Edge.Then I want to completely unlink my account from the PC.In the UWP setting app I removed it, so there was only local account.However, Edge still had outlook account linked. I removed it, but still,...
  8. Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login: hi - my computer screen turns to "screen saver mode" after 5mn or 10mn or 1 hour of no activity according to what i chose. to go back to work, i have to enter my pin code. i want to go back to work directly and without entering any pin. thank you [Original Title: screen...
  9. Login screen keeps asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login screen keeps asking for password: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  10. Login screen asking for password everytime

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen asking for password everytime: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every time act asking for login

2. windows ask every time for password