Windows 10: Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10

Discus and support Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Acer V13 laptop, Windows 10 with most of the latest updates excluding one. I have been trying to install an update which failed 3 times. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dede-lecochon, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10

Hello.

Acer V13 laptop, Windows 10 with most of the latest updates excluding one.

I have been trying to install an update which failed 3 times. Then i downloaded it and tried to install manually - failed. Then i run MSCONFIG, selected safe boot minimal and reboot.

After that the computer rebooted and i got a message that smth happened to my PIN code and it needs to be set again. When i press ok - it shows the same screen about PIN code again. When i press ok again - it says that it needs some program from Microsoft Store, after i press ok - it brings be back to the PIN error screen. Not possible to select another authentication method like password or another user Ctrl+Alt+Del did not work.

Boot in safe mode gave the same result.

Startup repair failed. Reset PC failed. Restore to previous version failed because there is no restore points available.

After trying different advices including cleaning the LCU - now i have completely blank login screen, i.e. no password field and no any text. Only blurry background and power and assistance buttons.

I tried to replace the sticky keys executable with cmd.exe to get command line window after pressing Shift for 5 times - it opens the prompt for sticky keys and then nothing more, no cmd.

Running sfc /scannow from the local drive fails. Running the same from another OS installed a second to the same drive / another partition -it says that no integrity issues found.

Check disk found one error but fixing it did not help.

Tried creating a new user from cmd - did not help user created and visible in the list. Administrator account activated - no effect.

In addition now when i try to boot the PC into recovery mode for examply by doing the hard shutdown twice on the "blank login screen" - i get blue screen with 0xc0000001 error.

Any ideas what to check next? I really dont want to reinstall the OS as it recently failed with another boot problem did not even reach the login screen - just self shut down after dots running in circle and i did not even have time to reinstall all my apps back after a format c: and new Win install.. and now again.

Thank you in advance.

:)

dede-lecochon, Jan 10, 2021

2. Not able to login/blank login screen windows 10

Hi Siddhant,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with logging in to the Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "but it gets stuck at the screen in the image where I cannot enter my ID or password", are you getting any error message on the screen?
    • Were you able to login to Windows 10 with Login ID and password prior to the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Let us try to basic troubleshooting steps by restarting your computer and check if the same issue is occurring or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10

1. Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Login screen blank

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  4. Blank grey screen after Windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank grey screen after Windows login: Hello,After logging into windows I'm now getting a blank grey screen. I can still see the mouse pointer and occasionally part of the toolbar clock etc or my user background image will flash for a second.First noticed this while using Firefox with multiple tabs open which...
  5. Blank grey screen after Windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank grey screen after Windows login: Hello,After logging into windows I'm now getting a blank grey screen. I can still see the mouse pointer and occasionally part of the toolbar clock etc or my user background image will flash for a second.First noticed this while using Firefox with multiple tabs open which...
  6. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  7. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  8. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  10. Blank screen after login - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after login - Windows 10: I have a laptop that I have reloaded windows10 six time. I finally got to the sign in screen but after I sign in I get a blank screen....