Windows 10: Login screen does not appear

Discus and support Login screen does not appear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txstoby, Mar 15, 2019.

1. txstoby Win User

Login screen does not appear

Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart in order for it to appear so that I may login.
    Any suggestions?

:)

txstoby, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2019
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

No login prompt at login screen

From the icons in the lower right it looks Shohambs has already done that. These only appear on the login screen AFAIK.

Login screen does not appear [​IMG]

There should also be a list of one or more user accounts at the lower left, it's this that's missing. Without an account to select there won't be anything to sign in to.

Thema:

1. Login screen does not appear - Similar Threads - Login screen does

2. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  3. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  4. Password box does not appear on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box does not appear on login screen: I have four Dell Latitude 3520s with Windows 10, that are experiencing the issue of the password box not appearing when the computer wakes up from sleep mode. I would like to have a fix created for this issue. I have done the following steps but the issue is still present. I...
  5. Password box does not appear on login screen

Password box does not appear on login screen: I have four Dell Latitude 3520s with Windows 10, that are experiencing the issue of the password box not appearing when the computer wakes up from sleep mode. I would like to have a fix created for this issue. I have done the following steps but the issue is still present. I...
  6. Password box does not appear on login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen Doesnt appear: hello I just installed a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft website today. when I press the power button of my PC it opens my PC automatically without showing the login screen, I have password set up too the login screen appears only when I restart windows. I am getting this...
  8. Login Screen Doesnt appear

Login Screen Doesnt appear: hello I just installed a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft website today. when I press the power button of my PC it opens my PC automatically without showing the login screen, I have password set up too the login screen appears only when I restart windows. I am getting this...
  9. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. weird login screen appearance

in Windows 10 Support
    weird login screen appearance: the problem comes when I arrived at login screen. I use local account. when in login screen, it looks like in attachment --sorry for bad pic--. there was password box, overlapping sign in button, and overlapping welcome animation. I have change the settings --via netplwiz--...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login does not appear

2. windows logon screen does not appear