Windows 10: Login Screen email name

Discus and support Login Screen email name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed my email provider. How do I change the email name on the login screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve Ark, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Steve Ark Win User

Login Screen email name

I have changed my email provider. How do I change the email name on the login screen?

:)

Steve Ark, Jun 4, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen)

Hello,

I upgraded to Win10 recently and I have an issue that I was only able to find two insiders had in the past with no resolution. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. The problem I'm having is that it is showing my Microsoft Email twice in the login screen instead of my name with the email underneath.

My laptop is okay and does not have this issue at all, it shows it correctly. I'm only having problems with my desktop computer. The email is also what is shown in the start menu.

If I switch to a 'local account' and then re-link my Microsoft Account it will look okay (both in the start menu and in the login screen -- if I lock the computer.) However, once I sign out or restart the PC it will default back to the problem.

In addition to that I also tried using netplwiz to change the Display name but it already had my real name there.

I'm at a loss for solutions and would rather not have to reset up another user account. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:
    After some trial and error I found the solution, in case anyone runs across this problem here's what I did:

DISCLAIMER: This involves editing registry values, if you don't know what that is, do not attempt this.

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your account. (Settings > Account > Sign in with a local account instead)
    • Open up your registry by pressing Win+R and typing in regedit
    • Navigate to: HKEY_USERS > .DEFAULT > Software > Microsoft > IdentityCRL> StoredIdentities
    • You should see a folder named the email of the account you just unlinked.
    • Right click on the folder (export a .reg file if you want for backup) and delete it.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Relink your Microsoft Account again, in the same place you went to unlink it.

Here's how I found the solution for anyone interested:

I created a new Microsoft Account and used a random name for the first & last name, then linked it to my account. Then I went into the registry and searched for that random name. It took me to the above location in the registry that contained a folder whose name was the email for the new account, but there was also a folder with the unlinked account's email too.

This seemed weird since I would have thought it would delete the folder when an account gets removed. So I unlinked the new account from my profile and restarted. Then went back to that registry location and saw that the new account's folder was deleted from the registry. This confirmed that the old folder shouldn't be there any more. After backing up the entry, I deleted the old account's folder and rebooted the PC. After I got back into Windows, I relinked the old account and everything has been working perfectly since.

TaintedByte, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Login Screen email name

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Login Screen email name

1. Login Screen email name - Similar Threads - Login Screen email

2. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  3. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  4. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change email in login screen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email in login screen ?: Hope someone can help me. I wish to change the email in the lock screen with my 2nd email but i am having trouble doing it. I've added the 2nd email in the Microsoft account as primary alias but the email in the screen hasn't changed....
  6. Hide user name from login screen (no typing the name)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide user name from login screen (no typing the name)?: I know that you can disable the "pre-typing" of the user name on the lock screen, so that it looks like this: In that case you have to type both the user name and the password for unlocking. But what I want is to not have to type the user name, but just hide it, so that it...
  7. Name on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name on login screen: I am having difficulty finding a way to change my name on the login screen for my desktop. I have tried the option through the control panel; however, when I click on the account I want to manage it is not giving me the option to change my name. Could someone help please?...
  8. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  9. Unable to change name on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...
  10. Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen): Hello, I upgraded to Win10 recently and I have an issue that I was only able to find two insiders had in the past with no resolution. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. The problem I'm having is that it is showing my...