Windows 10: Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rajthegeek, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update.
    After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles.

Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update [​IMG]

So, what I do is force shut down my PC and then turn it on again. Strangely, after I do that, the login screen shows up in no time.

Aditional info :-

I have tried chkdsk, sfc/scannow. No errors were shown.

All the drives and WIndows are updated.

Fast start up is turned off.

Fast boot and CSM are disabled from the BIOS menu.

Specs;-

ASUS gl552jx (core i7 4200hq/8 GB DDR3/nVidia GTX 950M (2GB DDR3))

P.S: I cannot do a clean install of Windows since this is my primary machine. I hate to restart my PC every time.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

rajthegeek, Aug 16, 2016
  2. royal07 Win User

Unable to login after update

After Anniversary update, unable to login with either pin or password. Error messages say wrong pin or password. Cannot get past this login screen. Is the only option to reinstall Windows 10??

royal07, Aug 16, 2016
  3. reinstall windows 10 anniversary update

hi

I have windows 10 anniversary update.

I have seen some system errors and have some malware even after full scan. I got troubles login in administrative account and faced freeze black screen and some error messages in it

so I'm suggested to reinstall windows 10.

please let me know how to properly reinstall windows 10 anniversary update without loosing any data.

dhananjaynaik, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

Are you sure Fast startup is disabled?

Open a Elevated Command Prompt and enter

reg query " HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power"

HiberbootEnabled should be 0: HiberbootEnabled REG_DWORD 0x0

Ztruker, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

1. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Login Screen Error

2. Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.: Hi After last update (anniversary) I can't log into system. I have PIN authorisation set up and after last reboot after update I typed proper PIN - then screen just blink and lock screen show up again. No matter if I type PIN or password is the same issue. Of corse I...
  3. Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update

Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update: I have tried everything to get it back which leads me to here. Also cannot change the background of the welcome screen. Any ideas? 59226
  4. Anniversary update gives haphazard login

Anniversary update gives haphazard login: Just received the update from 1511 to 1607 and during the login proceedure,the password is sometimes accepted,sometimes rejected,with no logical reason.The only fix so far is to restart.Has anyone else found this to happen and if so,is there a solution? 65626
  5. Anniversary update has a login flaw.

Anniversary update has a login flaw.: I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start the windows, or wake it up and go right to the program. Now I can start it when off, but when waking it up I had some kind...
  6. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  7. Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update: I updated my Windows 10 with the Anniversary update and now I see these couple of errors appear in the Event Viewer that had never appeared before the update. Event ID 4401 Source: EFS Message: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code:...
  8. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  9. Anniversary update - ERROR 0xc190012f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary update - ERROR 0xc190012f: Trying to update to the Anniversary Win 10 and after about an hour of "thinking" it said that it couldn't finish because of Error 0xc190012f. Currently the PC is running Win 10 with no outstanding updates, as far as I know. Anyone else get this error or have a suggestion...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...