Windows 10: Login screen has no background (but lock screen does)

Discus and support Login screen has no background (but lock screen does) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so my lock screen has a background (that I chose) but for some reason my login screen doesn't. I have made sure that the option in Winaero Tweaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by narancia gaming, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Login screen has no background (but lock screen does)

Hi, so my lock screen has a background (that I chose) but for some reason my login screen doesn't. I have made sure that the option in Winaero Tweaker to disable the login screen wallpaper is turned off, but for some reason it still doesn't work. What could I do?

I'm running Windows 10 ver 20H2, though I've only updated to it very recently and I had the same problem on older versions.

:)

narancia gaming, Sep 8, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Login screen has no background (but lock screen does) [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Sep 8, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Login screen has no background (but lock screen does)

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Login screen has no background (but lock screen does)

1. Login screen has no background (but lock screen does) - Similar Threads - Login screen has

2. Lock Screen Background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background: I have checked Windows Spotlight on the Lock screen / Background, but the picture never changes. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/24a64239-4ff4-493d-ab96-a3694cbb914d
  3. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  4. Locked screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked screen background: Hi all, I have a problem with my locked screen background. This morning I went to work, and it was still a Windows Spotlight picture. I did a quick nap, and when I turned my computer back on, it was not a Windows Spotlight picture anymore, but instead it was a picture that...
  5. lock screen background

lock screen background: i cannot change me lock screen background, like i cannot press this button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/f795fca4-1d28-4cf7-9232-fdb25e16f5bc
  6. Login background screen

Login background screen: I changed my background image to a new one. When my screensaver turns on and I try to unlock my screen, the background image displayed behind the login screen is my old one. How can I update this so that my new background displays?...
  7. Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds

Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds: Hello! I'm having some difficulty changing my lock and login screens backgrounds. Recently, I created my own theme using various free backgrounds I found online. When I set the theme as my background it worked fine. I have also set that theme as my lock screen and that...
  8. lock screen background

lock screen background: My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then again to windows...
  9. Lock Screen Background

Lock Screen Background: How can I stop the background picture, I want to keep on the lock screen background, from changing? I have the choices set to "picture", however, in the small boxes underneath the preview screen, not only is the picture I want to keep on the lock screen background shown in...
  10. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425