Windows 10: Login Screen Has Two Options

Discus and support Login Screen Has Two Options in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; At first I thought that my login screen had two signin options because of my school account, but I disconnected my school account, but my login screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TONPumper, Jan 7, 2020.

1. TONPumper Win User

Login Screen Has Two Options

At first I thought that my login screen had two signin options because of my school account, but I disconnected my school account, but my login screen still has two options when I login. The annoying part about this is that it defaults to the login that requires a password--which I don't use--and ends up saying that the login failed, try again. Since I don't know which account it's trying to access, I don't attempt to enter a password. Instead, I select the other account, which tells me to enter a pin number that I do know. I just don't know how to get rid of the second login, to which Windows keeps defaulting and asking for a password. Does anyone know how to delete this second login?

:)

TONPumper, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 7, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Login Screen Has Two Options

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Login Screen Has Two Options [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Login Screen Has Two Options

1. Login Screen Has Two Options - Similar Threads - Login Screen Has

2. Login screen has apparently unremovable login error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen has apparently unremovable login error: As show in the photo below, when I restart my computer a failed login attempt where apparently I hit the enter key before I finished typing my email address shows up and has been there for months. This is not a user name so it doesn't show up in the control panel to be...
  3. Login screen has apparently unremovable login error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen has apparently unremovable login error: As show in the photo below, when I restart my computer a failed login attempt where apparently I hit the enter key before I finished typing my email address shows up and has been there for months. This is not a user name so it doesn't show up in the control panel to be...
  4. No option to use PIN on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  5. Lock Screen Login In Shows Two Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Login In Shows Two Accounts: On start up or restart: Lock screen shows User Name and says Unable to connect to network with OK below it. Click OK shows two User Avatars with same User Name. One sends me to PIN and a normal log in. Second shows an abbreviated user name gthom and asks for password....
  6. The login screen has dissapeared .

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The login screen has dissapeared .: Oh , so I went to sign into my laptop this morning , and when the login area starts to come up , it flickers and disappears . Widows did an update yesterday morning , but I didn't pay attention to what was updated . Tried getting in thru safe mode , repair , and restore , and...
  7. No options to login at Splash Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No options to login at Splash Screen: Greets all, One of the family computers is having problems. She said she had just reinstalled World of Warcraft and when she restarted the screen was blank pink. Restarted it again (and several more times) and it will load to the splash screen but won't display the...
  8. Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?: Here's a pic of what I'm seeing at my login screen. https://goo.gl/photos/WVjueypwyHM338MV7 [img] But when I go to user account through netplwiz I see 5 accounts. Administrator Benjamin (myself) Default Account Guest HomeGroupUser$ Which one do I delete...
  9. No login options on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login options on login screen.: So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I see. Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video. For some context, this started happening when I looked up...
  10. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...