Windows 10: Login screen. Help..

Discus and support Login screen. Help.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a problem with the login screen, despite the setting to change the wallpaper every day, since installing the system, i.e. 2 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zarjak92, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Login screen. Help..

/u/zarjak92, Apr 12, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2023
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 12, 2023
  4. Ender Win User

Login screen. Help..

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Apr 12, 2023
Thema:

Login screen. Help..

1. Login screen. Help.. - Similar Threads - Login screen Help

2. HELP! I cant change on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HELP! I cant change on the login screen: I have problem! When I start my pc it say that I need to make a new pin to login. When I press that button, I first need to login trough my microsoft account and then I need to get a sent to my phone to ensure its me that login in. When I have written the number I come to...
  3. HELP! I cant change on the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I cant change on the login screen: I have problem! When I start my pc it say that I need to make a new pin to login. When I press that button, I first need to login trough my microsoft account and then I need to get a sent to my phone to ensure its me that login in. When I have written the number I come to...
  4. Can't get into login screen pls help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get into login screen pls help: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/534237783041245193/874480714979115038/video0.movwhen i try to press any key it start looping again. I couldn't even try to safe boot...
  5. HELP! No login screen at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! No login screen at startup.: Hi there. Trying to boot my laptop, it gets stuck at the welcome page, but without the login prompt to enter my password - just the wallpaper and power button. I’ve tried every fix on the internet but it doesn’t work. Tried using ctrl+alt+del, command prompt, startup repair,...
  6. Missing login screen; Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing login screen; Help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ACat2Cats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5frbv/missing_login_screen_help/
  7. OOBE screen after login [Ask] [help]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OOBE screen after login [Ask] [help]: after my Windows update to 2004 version appears OOBE screen after logging in [ATTACH] at first i thought this had not entered the desktop, but after i press "Windows + x" and open "Task Manager" from there, i found an active application called "Microsoft Account" after i...
  8. Stuck before login screen Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck before login screen Help ASAP: Before the issue occured, i had only closed my laptop and put it in sleep mode. The next time i tried to use my computer i was stuck on my login background and that was it. There was no date, time, or power option. The screen was just blank with a cursor. I gave it a couple...
  9. Login Screen Help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login Screen Help: I recently built a gaming tower for my nephews to share. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine, but I'm having trouble getting the login screen to act like I want it to. The system has three total accounts. One for each of them, and the Administrator account...
  10. Black screen on login! Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on login! Please help!: So.. I screwed up.. I used a small program called something like Windows 10 Login Background Changer (something along those lines) and when I restarted my computer, it never reached the login screen. I can move the mouse and open Magnifier (was pushing random controls),...